The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotografz

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Wow Cindy, those are great shots. Very editorial. Was the "Rosie" theme for a specific editorial use, or a conceptual portrait?

VERY Leica looking using a Sony body … proving that glass counts a lot. Which version of the R50 Lux was used?

- Marc

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4

Difficult to keep from distraction with all the new product announcements, but I have photos to work on... :)

Enjoy! Comments always appreciated.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Cindy that first shot is awesome.
Thank you, Guy.

Wow Cindy, those are great shots. Very editorial. Was the "Rosie" theme for a specific editorial use, or a conceptual portrait?

VERY Leica looking using a Sony body … proving that glass counts a lot. Which version of the R50 Lux was used?

- Marc
Thank you, Marc. It was a concept shoot. The model specializes in pin-up and was game for the Rosie-the-riveter theme. We were battling rain and drizzle, so the sky was like a huge soft-box. The location was an early 1900's foundry building, which is soon to be torn down. They could not allow us to go inside, because of safety concerns. That would have been really great.

My lens is the 1st version, series 7, but it never disappoints me.

johnnygoesdigital

Cindy,

I love the colors!. At first, I wasn't a fan of the 50mm FL, but you've proved how useful it can be. The overcast is simply perfect with no contrasty shadows, but blends color so nicely.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Cindy,

I love the colors!. At first, I wasn't a fan of the 50mm FL, but you've proved how useful it can be. The overcast is simply perfect with no contrasty shadows, but blends color so nicely.
Thanks, Johnny. The 50mm focal length is my favorite. My favorite M lens is the 50 rigid that I was so lucky to get from you. It has great color. I like my 1937 Contax CZJ 50 f/1.5 for its unique draw. My Japanese Summilux Canon 50 f/1.4 is great on contrasty days. I have a 50 f/2 10 blade Summitar on my M2. And last, but not least, the 50mm f/1.8 FE!:eek:

Thanks for the Likes everyone!

scho

Four shots from a park walkabout with the A7r + 28mm f/2.8 M-Rokkor (Phigment adapter).

Status
Not open for further replies.