The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

furtle

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Sony A7S Voigtlander Color Heliar 75/2.8 at about 1/50 sec and wide open. Herengracht, Amsterdam

frozenbb

Lovely work, Annna. You've got quite the view from your window!

'Renewal' - selenium toned.

dandrewk

A sunny, warm afternoon at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. A7rII, FE 16-35. This was shot a 19mm, so I had to be close. It's times like this where having a silent shutter is very useful.

ggibson

Trying out some astrophotography with my A7. This is a 3-image stitch using the FE 55mm f1.8:

jlm

Workshop Member

Barry:

no harsh criticism meant; but the water did catch my eye.

care to share how you leveled the water without also leaning the rock tower?

and i should point out that you are providing a major allure for the beauty of Cornnwall, which is at the top of my next place to visit list

thx

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Storehouses on the river " De Zaan " north of Amsterdam. This area is known for producing food products.

Barry Haines

Barry:

no harsh criticism meant; but the water did catch my eye.

care to share how you leveled the water without also leaning the rock tower?

and i should point out that you are providing a major allure for the beauty of Cornnwall, which is at the top of my next place to visit list

thx
None taken Jim,

It was a perfectly valid point to have made, you were absolutely correct it was flowing down hill somewhat to my... :eek:
I originally distorted it in Photoshop CS, to level the tiny bit of blue on the horizon (the ocean or so I thought at the time) on the left hand side halfway up, I should have paid a bit more attention to the main part of the image, where it was painfully obvious that it was not the right adjustment to have made in the first place :(
After uploading I wasn’t particularly happy with the way it looked...so it was no big thingy taken it back down again and replacing it (better corrected hopefully).

Very easy to correct and distort images in Photoshop CS>>>SELECT>>>ALL>>>EDIT>>>TRANSFORM>>> select your desired correction (SCALE, ROTATE, SKEW, DISTORT, PERSPECTIVE, WARP ETC...)
Typically hold down on one of the selection points (around the marching ants) and pull and tug it about...once happy :) check the tick box...the image should be hopefully corrected :D
I normally check the grid line box as it can make life a bit easier rather than guessing a level horizon ;)
I hope that helps + I hope Cornwall doesn’t disappoint if you ever decide to come this way :)
Cheers Barry

We had our local firework display yesterday evening (Guy Fawkes night).
Just having some fun manipulating small parts of the explosions ;)
All images A7R2 with 70-200mm FE

rweissman

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Two noon time shots at a local Palo Alto mall using a Sony A7R2 and Leica R 100 macro (Novoflex adapter) and slight processing in LR. Incredibly easy to focus the Leica 100R (and 60 R), even with (way) less than perfect vision.

_DSC26962.jpg

ISO 1250

Attachments

D

Deleted member 7792

Barry:
<snip>
...and i should point out that you are providing a major allure for the beauty of Cornnwall, which is at the top of my next place to visit list
I agree. Barry's images of Cornwall have put it high on my list, too. More so than watching episodes of "Doc Martin" and "Broadchurch".

Joe

Jim DE

Storehouses on the river " De Zaan " north of Amsterdam. This area is known for producing food products.

They are not concerned having food products so close to the water?????? Hope your country doesn't have "water rats" like we do over here... if you do you would see them carrying sacks of grain into the shoreline rocks :)

Barry Haines

OT...^^^You Guys crack me up! :ROTFL:

David, hilarious... lets form an Emmet alliance indeed!...nice one :)

Joe...”Broadchurch” is a fictitious place that was shot mostly in Dorset and “Doc Martin” was shot in Port Isaac, Cornwall...
Did you know that I have to tell at least ten Emmet’s per day that Port Wenn doesn’t exist!...as they can’t find it on their Sat Navs!

As you are both friends ;) ...I will let you into a little known secret that only the Cornish know about!...Please do keep it to yourselves though...
If you want to know where the very best beach is in all of Cornwall...It’s Porth Emmet :thumbs: Porthemmet Beach
No doubt Jono will scold me for letting the cat out of the bag on this one, but it’s a must see if you ever come out this way.
It’s pretty easy to find actually, you just keep on heading north up the A30 until you see the signs ;)

A selfie taken this evening, chilling out in my cool (60’s) pants/trousers

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

They are not concerned having food products so close to the water?????? Hope your country doesn't have "water rats" like we do over here... if you do you would see them carrying sacks of grain into the shoreline rocks :)
We are still alive! They are quiet good in killing rats. These are warehouses, the factorys are a bit farder off the water.
It is/was quiet handy to put it on a ship for immediate transportation. There are mostly cookie, porridge, snack and chocolate factorys.

This warehouse is called " Recollection "

D

Deleted member 7792

Joe...”Broadchurch” is a fictitious place that was shot mostly in Dorset and “Doc Martin” was shot in Port Isaac, Cornwall...
Did you know that I have to tell at least ten Emmet’s per day that Port Wenn doesn’t exist!...as they can’t find it on their Sat Navs!

As you are both friends ;) ...I will let you into a little known secret that only the Cornish know about!...Please do keep it to yourselves though...
If you want to know where the very best beach is in all of Cornwall...It’s Porth Emmet :thumbs: Porthemmet Beach
No doubt Jono will scold me for letting the cat out of the bag on this one, but it’s a must see if you ever come out this way.
It’s pretty easy to find actually, you just keep on heading north up the A30 until you see the signs ;)
Barry, like the county of Midsomer, I knew that you Brits had cleverly invented fictional locales to confuse and entertain we tourists, but I was not familiar with the term "Emmet". Now that I've done my research (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmet_(Cornish)), expect me on your shores soon, map in hand, searching for...

...pubs in Cornwall. If I can't find Doc Martin, I may as well enjoy a pint. :ROTFL:

Joe

Chris C

....... keep it to yourselves though... the very best beach is in all of Cornwall....... Porth Emmet... Porthemmet Beach........ keep on heading north up the A30 until you see the signs ;).......
Barry – Oh yes; I remember it well. It's very close to Llaregub, and the end of the track is lined with pixie maidens dispensing Saffron cake and clotted cream to weary beach travellers. It's a must-visit place.

........... Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.