The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Pieter, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of your Norway images, especially the colourful little fishing villages set against the moody monochromatic mountains in the background.
It does indeed look pretty cold and bleak there, so full marks for going out in a snowstorm to get your images...It was well worth it IMO :)
Thanks Barry, appreciate it. More to come from Norway as I have time PP more.

Here something slightly warmer from close to home

Blue sleeved field worker

A6000 + Metabones speedbooster + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

fotografz

Barry, you sure have a knack for capturing the kind of dimensional depth that draws a viewer into your photographs.:thumbs:

- Marc

Barry Haines

Barry, you sure have a knack for capturing the kind of dimensional depth that draws a viewer into your photographs.:thumbs:

- Marc
Thank you Marc you are very kind :)
I have been photographing Kernow for over 50 years, either in my boyhood as a tourist and now as a retired resident and I never tire of doing so...So many varied landscapes and beautiful beaches here with their long curved sweeping shore lines drawing the viewer in, it honestly makes composing an image a bit of a doddle for anybody ;)...I feel very fortunate to live in this wonderful corner of England...Thanks again...Barry

On a side note I thought it gracious of Guy giving up his long A7 series thread and merging it with yours Marc...As Joe said I think this is a good idea in the long run and Seb pushed to make it happen :clap: It keeps us together now under a much stronger thread, which I'm sure was your original intention.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

"all together" (Not altogether, I guess) is a bit too much and divisive. Those who post or a start a thread in the sony forum and keep it alive are not out of it. For that matter, it is just one small site (getdpi, in case folks forget the name. :rolleyes:).

gurtch

We went to a local pub, and I had too many glasses of wine. When we came out, we saw this scene, and although I had a monopod in the car, no time (and cloudy head) to get it set up. Hand held ISO 400, 1/8th sec at f8, hand held with A7RII and Voigtlander 12mm lens. LOVE that in body stabilization, as this image is useable for large prints because of the soft light mist/fog coming in. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
PS-Wife drove home!D741 framed.jpg

Barry Haines

Willapark Lookout (Tonemapped) - http://www.britainexpress.com/counties/cornwall/countryside/willapark-forrabury-stitches.htm
On the summit of Willapark is a striking whitewashed lookout tower, decorated like a small fortified castle tower. The tower is now used as a coastguard lookout, but it was originally bult by a 19th century merchant as a 'pleasure house'; a pleasant place to sit and watch the sea.

It was later leased to the Board of Trade and used by Revenue men to watch for smugglers. When trade restrictions wee lifted and smuggling became less profitable it was converted to serve as a coast guard lookout. It continued as a lookout until the 1970s when it was purchased by the National Trust. Since 2002 it has been leased to the National Coastwatch Institute, and a group of volunteers keep a lookout along the rocky coast below.

It is just as well that they do keep watch, for this area of the Cornish coast has a reputation for being hazardous to shipping. The bay immediately below the southern cliffs of Willapark is known as Western Blackapit, and was a notorious spot for shipwrecks.

One of the worst tragedies struck in 1843 when the Jessie Logan ran aground on the rocks, killing all the crew. The cargo washed ashore, and the impoverished locals descended en masse to gather what they could. Customs officers and coast guards tried to defend the cargo from the locals, but large quantities of cotton, sugar, and rice was carried off. The ringleaders were captured and sentenced to a year of hard labour.

pegelli

Great work Barry, you make the best of the beautiful scenery you live in.

A few more from (far) up North in Norway:

Nyksund

A6000 + E18-105/4

On the way to Harstad

NEX6 + E10-18/4

Bugleone

Good Friday afternoon at the 'Compasses Inn' in darkest Essex.......Traction engines, steam cars, fairground organ music, rare ales and stouts, wierd locals, shepherds pie with chips, baffled German tourists, dogs and kids and much much more!...what more can an English heart ask for?

a6000 & 18-55mm

Status
Not open for further replies.