The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdeveau

Went to Iceland to see the nothern lights with my wife and check a bucket list item off, and got very lucky the first night. It was cloudy every other night the rest of the week but at least we got to see them! The A7RII may not be the best long exposure/astro/night camera on the planet, but it can still deliver. A7RII, Batis 18mm, I think ISO 1000 for 15 seconds.
DSC07326-Edit-2-Edit-2.jpg

tcdeveau

One of my favorite places to see...the glacier lagoon in Iceland. Got lucky with a clear day one day. Here's a 3 image handheld stitch, ISO 200, 1/800th, 55mm fe1.8, A7RII. The A7R/A7RII and 55mm combo is killer for panoramic stitching. Native image is ~74 MP and the detail is astounding. The A7RII also had zero problem with the challenging lighting.
jokursarlon_HDR-2.jpg

iiiNelson

One of my favorite places to see...the glacier lagoon in Iceland. Got lucky with a clear day one day. Here's a 3 image handheld stitch, ISO 200, 1/800th, 55mm fe1.8, A7RII. The A7R/A7RII and 55mm combo is killer for panoramic stitching. Native image is ~74 MP and the detail is astounding. The A7RII also had zero problem with the challenging lighting.
View attachment 126302
Great shot and I agree that is a killer combo (and my most frequently used combo) for stitching.

pegelli

A warped view of the old Middelburg skyline, reflected in the modern courthouse

A6000 + Metabones speedbooster + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

Michiel Schierbeek

I would like to ask the attention of my old friends from the Sony department for my upcoming book Opale et Albâtre.
(To my own surprise I found myself to be Pentaxian :loco:)
A book about the eponymous coastlines of Picardy and Normandy. A photographic journey from north to south from Berk to Le Havre.

The book will be published by 99 Publishers.
http://www.99uitgevers.nl
Hardcover, 256 pages and 190 photographs. Text in French, Dutch and English.Maps with QR codes included, for exact photo locations.

I started a crowdfunding campaign for it and you can find all information on the following link. All is going well, only 5 days more to go and 90% of the money has been raised!
The book launch with exhibition will be on the 7th of juli in WG kunst in Amsterdam.

Whenever anyone of you would like to purchase a signed copy, Peter/pegelli did already :), of the book go to the following link and obtain for the € 50,--option.
I will send it all over the globe for € 10,-- for my FB and getdpi friends.

www.voordekunst.nl/projecten/5324
(scroll down for English)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Awesome! Good luck, my friend!

You are almost there with the crowd funding! :)

(I will pick my copy in person.)

pegelli

The book launch with exhibition will be on the 7th of juli in WG kunst inAmsterdam.
Fantastic Michiel, I can't come to Amsterdam July 8 or 9 (the weekend is fully booked), but Friday the 7th is possible for me to attend the exhibition and pick up the book in person! Looking forward to it :toocool:
Good luck with the last 10%

Michiel Schierbeek

Fantastic Michiel, I can't come to Amsterdam July 8 or 9 (the weekend is fully booked), but Friday the 7th is possible for me to attend the exhibition and pick up the book in person! Looking forward to it :toocool:
Good luck with the last 10%
Hi Pieter,

That would be nice! The book launch will be on friday the 7th of july from 17.00 to 19.00.
Would be nice to see you there. It will probably be very crowded! :D

I am already buying some wine here in France!

BTW it is in a bigger space just around the corner from where you were before.
Exact adress etc will follow to all contributers and other who are interested.

:salute: Thank you

seb

Looks wonderful Michiel. I've ordered one, but there was no field for a delivery adress. Am I right, that you will contact me for it, when the crowdfunding is successful?

Barry Haines

Looks wonderful Michiel. I've ordered one, but there was no field for a delivery adress. Am I right, that you will contact me for it, when the crowdfunding is successful?
Hi Seb, had the same problem...I sent a PM to Michiel who kindly got back to me :)
+
I emailed voordekunst [email protected] last night my delivery address - Alyssa at voordekunst just got back to me, saying she has added those details now to my donation :clap:
Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

Hello and thank you Seb, I was travelling today from France to Amsterdam. I will send you an email ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.