The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
The flush toilet...has 'civilised' us in a way that religion and law could never accomplish!
Thomas Lynch, Poet, 1948 -
Greetings Barry,

It may come as a suprise to some to learn that around 2.4 billion people have no access to such a simple, pleasant and "relatively" risk-free :ROTFL: experience. About 70% of households in India are without. In clear terms that means, around 1.2 billion people defecate in the open.

Around 800 million people have no access to clear water at all.

21st century folks, 21st century.

....Hmmm then again, the USS Gerald R. Ford CVN78, a steal for the taxpayer at about 13 billion dollar. The first -Not the last folks, not the last, it's gonna be great! - of a new class after Nimitz, the Ford class super carrier. Able to launch air strikes every six minutes.

Guess who has an itchy trigger finger....

21st century? :wtf: :banghead:

bensonga

A few more test shots with the A7RII rental. Today I spent some time trying out a few of my Leica R lenses on it.

First image with the Sony 55/1.8 lens, next with the Leica 60mm Macro-Elmarit-R. The last image was shot with the 250mm Telyt-R. That one was hand held at 1/125th second with IBIS/Steady Shot enabled. I'm not a very good judge of distance, but these containers were quite far away.

I printed all of these tonight on 13x19 inch paper. I am very happy with the quality of these images and prints and the performance of the Leica R glass on this camera. One more day of testing the camera, but I think it is very likely I will be buying a new A7RII on Monday. :)

Gary

BP Lobby Alaskan Native Sculpture

Alaska Railroad Headquarters

Ship Creek Containers

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Greetings Barry,

It may come as a suprise to some to learn that around 2.4 billion people have no access to such a simple, pleasant and "relatively" risk-free :ROTFL: experience. About 70% of households in India are without. In clear terms that means, around 1.2 billion people defecate in the open.

Around 800 million people have no access to clear water at all.

21st century folks, 21st century.

....Hmmm then again, the USS Gerald R. Ford CVN78, a steal for the taxpayer at about 13 billion dollar. The first -Not the last folks, not the last, it's gonna be great! - of a new class after Nimitz, the Ford class super carrier. Able to launch air strikes every six minutes.

Guess who has an itchy trigger finger....

21st century? :wtf: :banghead:
Georg, sadly no surprise at all but thank you for the reminder that not everybody is as fortunate as some of us :) :-(
Perhaps the embroided towel should have read...

"The flush toilet...has 'civilised' some of us in a way that religion and law could never accomplish!"

A couple of well known George Orwell quotes from Animal Farm also spring to mind as a response to your comments...

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

“There, comrades, is the answer to all our problems. It is summed up in a single word-- Man”

A few more test shots with the A7RII rental. Today I spent some time trying out a few of my Leica R lenses on it.

First image with the Sony 55/1.8 lens, next with the Leica 60mm Macro-Elmarit-R. The last image was shot with the 250mm Telyt-R. That one was hand held at 1/125th second with IBIS/Steady Shot enabled. I'm not a very good judge of distance, but these containers were quite far away.

I printed all of these tonight on 13x19 inch paper. I am very happy with the quality of these images and prints and the performance of the Leica R glass on this camera. One more day of testing the camera, but I think it is very likely I will be buying a new A7RII on Monday. :)

Gary
Gary, glad you are enjoying the A7RII with your Leica R lenses...Always a good idea to rent and try before spending a lot of money on a camera that might not suit you or your existing lenses...Cheers Barry

bensonga

Cars and planes....I've always enjoyed photographing each of them.

My Bimmer (finally out of winter storage) and a beautiful de Havilland Beaver.

Gary

A7RII and the 55mm f.18 lens

Barry Haines

This largish rock I photographed the other evening (North shady side) is better known as Tintagel (King Arthur's) Castle.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/tintagel-castle/history-and-legend/history/
At the base of the rock just where the tide line meets you will see a dark cave that's locally known as Merlin's Cave.
As the tide rises the sea quickly rushes in from both ends at the same time, often catching out unsuspecting dawdling tourists.
http://www.legendofkingarthur.co.uk/cornwall/merlins-cave-tintagel.htm

Tintagel Castle and Merlin's Cave

Merlin's Cave

Merlin

Barry Haines

Many thanks Barry. Marvelous! We should start a series on roof/roofing pictures!
Our roof got replaced two and a half years ago in the fall. :facesmack:

A7r + 35/2.8 FE.
Hi Karl, you have a very nice watertight and functional roof.
I think your roof is somewhat newer than the 14th century Tintagel Post Office :D
The wavy slate roof was added in the 1500s and restored in 1992
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tintagel-old-post-office

k-hawinkler

Hi Karl, you have a very nice watertight and functional roof.
I think your roof is somewhat newer than the 14th century Tintagel Post Office :D
The wavy slate roof was added in the 1500s and restored in 1992
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tintagel-old-post-office

Many thanks Barry for that marvelous picture of a roof that aged indeed very well.
It certainly got my imagination going. :watch: Thanks for that.
Here an image of our roof during replacement.

A7r + 35/2.8 FE.

Cheers, Karl-Heinz. :LOL:

Barry Haines

Many thanks Barry for that marvelous picture of a roof that aged indeed very well.
It certainly got my imagination going. :watch: Thanks for that.
Here an image of our roof during replacement.

Cheers, Karl-Heinz. :LOL:
Thanks again Karl, obviously you had a fair amount of work to carry out. It does look very nice now it's all finished...You do have some lovely scenery all around you.

You set me thinking...We really don't have many modern structures worth speaking of here in Cornwall, not that I can recollect that is and certainly not with any interesting rooflines.
I can only think of the Eden Project (2001 - Not that modern really) with it's famous domes (Biomes)...Here are a few shots with the Voigtlander 12mm E mount taken from within looking outwardly or vice versa.
It's late here so I'm off to get some sleep...chat later... Cheers Barry

bensonga

One of the first photos taken with the A7RII I purchased today. The Alaska Railroad Depot in Anchorage.

Gary

A7RII and Sony/Zeiss FE 16-35/4 lens at 35mm and f8

Status
Not open for further replies.