The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-hawinkler

Thanks Gary, keeping with the theme of the last couple of images, ah a building with a flat roof! Nice building though.

Thanks Barry for exploring the roof styles of your extended neighborhood. A great start. There are probably some interesting buildings with roofs in this neck of the woods.

For example, in Santa Fe, with slogan the city different, there is the Opera that only has scheduled performances during the summer months. The entire building including the roof nicely fits into the city different. The building is open to the sides, and the roof didn't cover the gap between the stage/orchestra pit and the large auditorium for the music aficionados. But after some tremendous thundershowers during opera performances, that start at 9 PM, they filled in the gap in the roof to avoid drenching of the folks in the most expensive seats. :LOL:

I probably should figure out to get shots of that Opera building and roof. :facesmack:

Cheers, Karl-Heinz.

PS: Indeed, I live in an enchanting environment with distinct and diverse cultural groups.

seb

Spring arrived also in the thread itself. Thanks everyone for sharing! :thumbs:

We were in the Tessin (italian part of Switzerland) over the weekend. The weather was not as good as we hoped, but it was warm enough and we could go for a hike without the need of a rain jacket.

Tessin
(a7RII + 55/1.8 or Loxia 21/2.8)

Denti della Vecchia (Teeth of the old woman)

where the sun shines is a chair (dolce far niente)

Maiensäss

birch forest

Cervelat bröötle (grill typical swiss sausages)

Last edited:

The Ute

This largish rock I photographed the other evening (North shady side) is better known as Tintagel (King Arthur's) Castle.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/tintagel-castle/history-and-legend/history/
At the base of the rock just where the tide line meets you will see a dark cave that's locally known as Merlin's Cave.
As the tide rises the sea quickly rushes in from both ends at the same time, often catching out unsuspecting dawdling tourists.
http://www.legendofkingarthur.co.uk/cornwall/merlins-cave-tintagel.htm

Tintagel Castle and Merlin's Cave

Merlin's Cave

Merlin

Just awesome ! :bugeyes:

pegelli

I know this place since I was a little boy. Any pictures from the castle you shot this from? ;-)
As promised, hereby some shots from inside Festung Ehrenbreitstein

Grabentor

One of the many tunnels

Feldtor

Living quarters

Sweep panorama of the main square

And a handheld 5 shot panorama, stitched in Lightroom (looking from the Festung towards Koblenz and Deutches Eck.

All shots/panoramas with a NEX6 + E18-105/4

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
No, it's actually a bronze statue of a sitting man, visible at low tide and fully submerged at high tide

A700 + Sony 18-250
Ah, I see, thanks Pieter.
It did look a bit too slimy with seaweed for someone to be sitting down!
I see Folon was the artist. Very nice statues he has made, a bit like Antony Gormley in UK.
Thanks for posting all your pics. Very nice stuff!:thumbs:

nsng

Spectacular shots, especially the ones looking outside the ice-cave and the icecube on the frozen surface :thumbs:
We shot the sunrise and sunset from the ice caves. These ice caves are small, only 2 or 3 of us were able to enter to set up our tripods. This is a unique feature of Lake Baikal. Even though it was very cold, but the landscape was amazing. Thanks for the comments.

k-hawinkler

Thanks gandolfi, appreciate it!

A Dutch sky above a typical Dutch landscape

A850 + Min 50/1.7
Thanks Pieter. Smugmug's interaction with this site seems to be a problem again.
I only get a symbol in your post, but once I click on it it takes me to your image.

Last edited:

pegelli

A nice sunset over the Rhine in Remagen

A6000 + E18-105/4

It was really showing this red, all saturation/vibrance sliders in PP were left at 0

Status
Not open for further replies.