The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

This morning my car had to go in for service and rather than sipping coffee and waiting for them to get the car ready I walked out into a new developed local industrial park nextdoor to test some lenses I scored last week (A tamron 200/3.5 for 8 € and a Tamron 28/2.5 for 6 €)

Here's a few

1: Big dark blue doors

A7 + Tamron 28/2.5 (Adaptel 2/MD mount)

2: Same facade, a little closer

A7 + MC Rokkor 58/1.4

3: Two holes

A7 + Tamron 200/3.5 (Adaptel 2/MD mount)

4: Three holes

5: Four holes

6: A splash of colour in a major grey area

7: Jump out

8: Emergency exit?

9: Wooden window decoration

As you can see I was mainly struck there by the strong geometric shapes and my compositions were chosen to emphasise this.

Hope you like them, but also if you don't or have improvement suggestions pls. say so

dpal

This one is for pegelli. Went for walk at the local Mall a few hours ago, saw a contrasty photo opportunity. Hope you like it. Not too sharp, shot with the newly acquired (yesterday) Minolta 35mm f/1.4 wide open.

Attachments

mediumcool

This one is for pegelli. Went for walk at the local Mall a few hours ago, saw a contrasty photo opportunity. Hope you like it. Not too sharp, shot with the newly acquired (yesterday) Minolta 35mm f/1.4 wide open.
I am assuming that your new Minolta is in AF/a-mount. My elderly MinoltaMC W.Rokkor – HH35mm f/1.8 (second iteration) is quite soft off-axis at full aperture, in a nice glowy way—spherical aberration perhaps? There is field curvature too. I’d probably have to stop down to at least f/5.6 to get reasonable overall sharpness …

Here is a shot I prepared earlier.

Sony a7 with Rokkor 35mm f/1.8 1/400 f/1.8 ISO 1000

pegelli

Thanks dpal, I like it allthough it's a bit more civilized (or polished) environment vs. my previous series. Congrats on your lens, most older 1.4's are soft wide open, irrespective of focal length. It's called "character" :LOL: I have a few good Rokkors but no 35 mm yet, so I hope to run across one some day, but I bet it will cost more then my Tamrons

D

Deleted member 7792

Wow, way to go Dave! I'm usually not a fan of these extreme treatments, but yours are always artistic. They cause me to think about what might be mundane local scenes in different ways. Thanks.

Joe

bensonga

I am on a 10 day trip in Arizona. Brought my A7R2 and Leica M9 with me. Interesting to compare the images from these very different cameras. Here is a quasi self portrait that I took late this afternoon at the Wupatki National Monument north of Flagstaff. I love all parts of the desert southwest.

Gary Benson

A7R2 and the Sony Zeiss 16-35mm f4 lens

bensonga

Granite formations near Prescott, Arizona. Shot with the A7R2 and SZ 16-35mm f4 lens. I posted a similar image taken with my Leica M9 and Zeiss 35mm f2 Biogon on the Fun with Leica M thread. The Sony colors are more natural looking to me. Not saying that one is necessarily better than the other, just different.

Gary

The Ute

I am on a 10 day trip in Arizona. Brought my A7R2 and Leica M9 with me. Interesting to compare the images from these very different cameras. Here is a quasi self portrait that I took late this afternoon at the Wupatki National Monument north of Flagstaff. I love all parts of the desert southwest.

Gary Benson

A7R2 and the Sony Zeiss 16-35mm f4 lens
Nice to see a few landscapes on this thread for a change. :)

gurtch

Wow, way to go Dave! I'm usually not a fan of these extreme treatments, but yours are always artistic. They cause me to think about what might be mundane local scenes in different ways. Thanks.

Joe
Thank you Joe. 80 years old and trying to keep my mind active with new ways of doing stuff!
Best regards
Dave

bensonga

One of my goals on this trip to Arizona was to visit at least one of the professional observatories in this state. I wasn't able to make it to Kitt Peak near Tucson, but this morning I went to the historic Lowell Observatory on Mars Hill in Flagstaff. Home to the 24 inch Clark refractor which was installed in 1896 and restored in 2015. A magnificent telescope and impressive link to astronomical history.

Gary Benson

A7R2 and SZ 16-35/4 lens, ISO 6400, 1/20th second, f8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.