The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensonga

The Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. Built in 1894. Not very impressive from the outside, but the inside of this observatory, as seen in the image above, is quite amazing.

Gary Benson

A7R2 and Zeiss 16-35/4 lens

mediumcool

Next to the green ball

Sony a7 w/ 35mm f/1.8 Rokkor 1/400 f/1.8 ISO 1000

This is a re-working of a previously posted shot from December last year which has fallen off the perch link-wise because source site mlkshk.com has been closed down. Bit more experimentation with some play with Color [sic] Balance in C1 v10.1

Last edited:

pegelli

Last friday we went to a concert of Shola Adisa-Farrar with the Florian Pellissier quintet (actually for the evening it was a quartet, the trumpettist stayed at home).

A bubbly and energetic performance by Shola and well supported by the excellent musicians of the quartet.

1: Shola and Florian

A7 + MC Rokkor 58/1.4

2: The other musicians: Olivier Zanot (sax), Fred Chiffoleau (contrabas), Karl Jannuska (drums)

A7 + Nokton 35/1.2 II

3: Shola, soft and melancholy

A7 + OM Zuiko 85/2

4: Shola, concentrating

A7 + OM Zuiko 85/2

5: Shola, at full power

A7 + OM Zuiko 85/2

We had a wonderful evening

D

Deleted member 7792

Walked across the hills and then back up an old cattle trail to get this image looking back towards Port Isaac - 85mm GM

I think I see Doc Martin at his "surgery". ;)

Barry, this image was worth the walk.

Joe

Bugleone

Please!...PLEASE! tell me they don't send the 'Doc Martin' stupidity to America??!! Of all the incredible things that they could tell people about Cornwall and English people in general they surely DON'T need to make us all look like idiots as in that unreal rubbish!

....Grrr!

bensonga

Please!...PLEASE! tell me they don't send the 'Doc Martin' stupidity to America??!! Of all the incredible things that they could tell people about Cornwall and English people in general they surely DON'T need to make us all look like idiots as in that unreal rubbish!

....Grrr!
'Doc Martin' is simply a comedy drama. Neither myself, friends or family in America who have enjoyed this series think it is a portrayal of real life in Cornwall or England. That said, perhaps there are some eccentric people in Cornwall, as there certainly are here in Alaska. :rolleyes:

Gary

Barry Haines

I think I see Doc Martin at his "surgery". ;)

Barry, this image was worth the walk.

Joe
Thanks Joe it was, I thought you would appreciate a sneak preview of the Doc beavering away in his surgery making Series 849 Episode 12.

....Grrr!
Thus spoke the gentleman who presented us with a typical English garden, complete with giraffes, hippo and a baby elephant :LOL: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/9664-fun-sony-cameras-361.html#post728524

+

The locals are indeed "weird" in "Darkest Essex"...I should know, I lived 49 years in Essex before moving to Cornwall. They are especially weird from around The Compasses at Littley Green ;) :LOL: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/9664-fun-sony-cameras-359.html#post727036

The first thing I learnt moving to Cornwall was "NEVER" confuse a Cornishman with being an Englishman - Sorry Bugleone, I couldn't resist, no offence meant :D

'Doc Martin' is simply a comedy drama. Neither myself, friends or family in America who have enjoyed this series think it is a portrayal of real life in Cornwall or England. That said, perhaps there are some eccentric people in Cornwall, as there certainly are here in Alaska. :rolleyes:

Gary
Gary, just at times that TV program seems like real life around here!....Alison broke her wrist just last Wednesday in a horse related incident...The Doc soon had her patched up though.

Last edited:

KenLee

'Doc Martin' is simply a comedy drama. Neither myself, friends or family in America who have enjoyed this series think it is a portrayal of real life in Cornwall or England.
Ditto.

The show portrays Cornwall as a place of great beauty, as do Barry's photographs. Together they have pushed Cornwall way up on my list of desired places to visit.

D

Deleted member 7792

Say hello to my little friend. Posed on our front porch rail. Significant crop from original.

Joe

tcdeveau

Had an unexpected surprise to start memorial day weekend and got to shoot the milky way a little bit. I've been to this spot a hundred times (beach access on St. Simons Island in Georgia) and have never seen the stars like I did late Friday night. Not sure if I'm happy with the edits or not (I honestly like the look of what I did on PS Express on the iPhone better, and the lens corrections in Lightroom add an uneven hue across the frames) but it was a fun night to shoot as I dont get to shoot the milky way much. A7RII and Batis 18mm...forgot my tripod and had to prop the cam up on a rail and stick my wallet and phone and a battery under the lens. Focusing with my wonky setup was challenging (no hard infinity stop on the Batis) but I'm just happy I got anything useable without a tripod. I think the settings are ISO 3200 and 13 seconds, f2.8.
DSC07590-Edit.jpg
DSC07593-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.