The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Don't know how much of this was aired in the international press, but here's an example where building and demolition of the same building seem to have merged seamlessly :bugeyes:

1:

Handheld pano of 4 shots stitched in lightroom, A6000 + E18-105/4 G

This is not a demolition site, but a building site for a new parking garage at Eindhoven airport in the Netherlands. Fortunately nobody was in the building when it collapsed, so no casualties. It was supposed to open for public use by the end of June but out of the blue a large part collapsed on May 27. Investigation about the cause is ongoing and until they know what went wrong nobody is allowed on the site. Inspection of both the collapsed part as well as the part that is still standing is done with drones.

Here's a few non pano/closer shots of the damage.
2:

3:

4:

As you can see the floors were a special light-weight construction and partially filled by plastic balls to reduce weight. This would allow larger distances between the pillars due to the weight reduction of the floors without (theoretically :scry:) reducing the strength . It's a common used technique, but apparently here there were some mistakes in the design or construction that it was not strong enough.

Makten

Nice place a few kilometers from my home. :) F/11 wasn't really enough to get both the tree and background 100% sharp, but I didn't notice until I got home. Shot with the Loxia 35.

bensonga

85mm is one of my favorite focal lengths, so a few days ago I bought the FE 85/1.8 lens.

Here is one of my first shots with this lens mounted on the A7, shot at f1.8. Initial results look good. :thumbup:

Gary

pegelli

85mm is one of my favorite focal lengths, so a few days ago I bought the FE 85/1.8 lens.

Here is one of my first shots with this lens mounted on the A7, shot at f1.8. Initial results look good. :thumbup:

Gary
Congrats Gary, it seems a nice lens indeed. How's the AF doing, is it accurate and fast enough on a first generation A7?

bensonga

Congrats Gary, it seems a nice lens indeed. How's the AF doing, is it accurate and fast enough on a first generation A7?
I haven't really used the lens enough to say yet, but in general, my style of shooting is not a good test for fast and accurate AF, since I often shoot stationary objects in good light that most lenses/bodies handle easily. I will try it out a bit more in the coming days and see how it goes.

Gary

seb

This is a nice idea for a FF-portrait-combo. 830g all together. I'm often thinking about my old a7 and how to give "her" some more attention.

Gary

Barry Haines

It's not often we see an American car here in Cornwall (either old or new), so I couldn't resist this beat up old Chevy in the backstreets of Penzance yesterday...85mm GM WO
Cool :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.