The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

this is a wonderful scenery Werner. Thanks for sharing.

I'm still in a research about saturation processing with the yellow garden flowers (Rudbeckia + Asteraceae). These flowers have extrem saturated yellow-to-red-colors. Even very low light still makes them glowing. In bright sunlight it's difficult to get a proper shot, whitout clipping (especially the red channel). After the smooth low saturated version in my last post, I'm trying now to reproduce this glowing. Here is a late evening shot which is processed with a seperately made profile. There is some clipping but I'm on a good way (I think):

Black-Eyed Susans (Rudbeckia) After Sunset
(a7rII + 85/1.4GM)

pegelli

I visited dpal yesterday afternoon. He is totally bed ridden due to the fall. According to him, he was helping a friend putting up a heavy hanging flower pot and lost his balance, fell backwards. Fortunately he landed on his left buttock and back and did not hit his head. The doctor told him that he suffered no broken bones. But I could tell that he was in a lot of pain still during my visit.

I told him about pegelli's post to wish him a rapid recovery. He asked me to say thank you to pegelli and said that pegelli is his No.1 dpi buddy and a very fine gentleman whom he really respects. He also asked me to thank Vivek for his kind words, and said he highly respects Vivek's many selfless helpful posts to all the dpi members. He said he was all set to go back shooting posting as usual after reading Vivek's comments. But his posts about the "Street Photography" article must have jinxed him then. Bad Karma. And that was actually my fault for bring the article to his attention.

To clear the confusion about the photos with the "99 car", two entirely different families thogh, the cars were available for rent. That was because we were at the Seatle Outlet together. I wanted to buy some Polo apparel gifts to my friends in Japan, and since I don't own a car and driver's license, dpal was kind enough to take me there. After shopping, we sat at the bench in front of the Polo Store and snapping away at passers-by. dpal let me try his Sony A7, but you can tell my pictures came out a little fussy, out of focus. The only good one was the one with the two African ladies and the boy in the "99" car at the store.

Hope this updates everything.

And dpal is a he, a retired and highly decorated LAPD(Los Angeles Police Department) Officer, if you read it backwards.:) I am very honored to have him as my neighbor.
Disclosure with dpal's permission.
Thanks for the report and kind words, I hope he will be more comfortable and out of pain soon. Wish him my best when you visit him again!

Must be fun to have a photography buddy next door, forums are a nice way to get in contact with like minded people but nothing beats personal contact when enjoying a hobby together.

scho

Carousel is ready and waiting for the summer camp riders. A7II + TAP + Contax G 35/2 Planar (converted to LM mount)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
No third party hosting , but an other automobile image .
Tesla's latest model .:clap: The driver is included in the (unknown) price

BER.164.jpg

pegelli

Werner's beautiful images from Val d'Orcia (Tuscany) inspired me to process one more from my visit there in May 2016, more might follow because it's probably one of the most beautiful sceneries I have visited and I have plenty more unprocessed shots

Morning mist south of Piënza

A850 + Minolta 80-200/2.8 HS G

scho

Just trying my old Minolta/Leitz M-Rokkor 90/4 on the A7II with TAP. Click image for full size original. Subject is old boathouse door and window.

Status
Not open for further replies.