The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
A little playing around with PHOTO MORPHIS TEXTURES in ON12017 .

BER.118.TEST.@@ copy copy copy.jpg

There are a billion or more possibilities to alienate an image . When you have done 10 , then you don't know which one you still want .

scho

A few shots taken today on a walk through the Cornell arboretum. All with the Sony A6000M monochrome, E-PZ 16-50, and orange filter.

DLP

Milford Sound, South Island, New Zealand
a7r + LA EA4 + 24 ZA

Cottesloe Beach, Cottesloe, Western Australia
a7r + LA EA4 + 135 ZA

Makten

Duplicating a post from FM forums here:

Just bought the Batis 25 today efter debating wether it or the Loxia 21 would be the best choice. Haven't shot more than 20-30 images or so, but jeeeez, it's good! I've never ever seen such smooth bokeh from a lens wider than 35 mm. Not even the Summicron 28/2 ASPH. It's also sharp to the very corners wide open.

The bad things are slight curvature of field and LoCA, but I can live with that. All shot with A7II.

6790 by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

1516 by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

6323 by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

3991 by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr

seb

Duplicating a post from FM forums here:

Just bought the Batis 25 today ... I've never ever seen such smooth bokeh from a lens wider than 35 mm. ...

6790 by Martin Hertsius, on Flickr
The transition in the field is really nice.

Just to compare I looked for some bokeh shots with the Sony 28/2 and the Loxia 21/2.8:
I don't make much bokeh shots with my wider lenses. There are a few, but all are stopped down quite a bit. Therefore I really can remember at only one single test shot with each when I bought them. Both does not show a comparable background but as it is a fun thread... :) :

First: Sony a7RII + Sony 28/2
Second: Sony a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8

a_DSC1467.jpga_DSC7400.jpg

Makten

The transition in the field is really nice.

Just to compare I looked for some bokeh shots with the Sony 28/2 and the Loxia 21/2.8:
I don't make much bokeh shots with my wider lenses. There are a few, but all are stopped down quite a bit. Therefore I really can remember at only one single test shot with each when I bought them. Both does not show a comparable background but as it is a fun thread... :) :

First: Sony a7RII + Sony 28/2
Second: Sony a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8
I think those look comparable or even better, but... They are obviously shot at much closer distance. :rolleyes: :p Bokeh (unfortunately) tends to be harsher the further away you focus, and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the Batis is even at a few meters! Now that's very unusual, especially for a wide angle. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.