The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLP

It's another day of sun:D

Sunrise Panorama, Shenzhen Bay, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

a7mk2+LA EA4+135 f1.8 ZA

seb

I was in the mood to take out an old lens for autumns color.

Edit: After the question of karl I created a profile for the lens and updated the pictures. Sorry for the edit. But the colors are better now. Well, in my opinion. :)

(a7RII + Leitz Wetzlar 50/2 Summicron)

Limmat - Oberer Letten

Schweizerisches Landesmuseum - Installation

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

I was in the mood to take out an old lens for autumns color.

(a7RII + Leitz Wetzlar 50/2 Summicron)

Limmat - Oberer Letten

Schweizerisches Landesmuseum - Installation

Thanks seb. Nice images. In what year was the lens made? TIA.

seb

The serial number points to 1968. If I look at ken rockwells list, it's the one from 1969-1979:
LEICA SUMMICRON 50mm Guide

Edit: Sorry, I did an small update on both on flikr (see on my post below). Therefore the links do not work anymore in your post. But to compensate here is some more information about the lens. :)

I have a few Leitz Wetzlar inherited from my stepfather. They are all from this time and he used them on an old leica. From the other two lenses I'm using from time to time I showed some pics here a while ago:

Leitz Wetzlar 90/4 Elmar (colapsible) (1965)

Leitz Wetzlar 35/2.8 Summaron (1965)

As you can see, they come into my mind when it is autumn. The contrast and rendering suits to. :)

Thanks seb. Nice images. In what year was the lens made? TIA.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Each year the company I'm working for have a big conference in Bern. Most time we have great weather then (some may remember at an identical picture of last year). But it was the first time the alpes showed their beauty in that way. On the left you can see the "famous" mountains Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

Bern and Alpes
(a7RII + 55/1.8)

Thanks seb for the stunning image.
It's the time of year, where sometimes you have a similar clear view of the Apls from Munich, or of the Sierra Nevada range from Mount Diablo in California.
I have seen it but didn't have a camera at the time.

seb

Thank you k-h. The distance between my point of view and the mountains was 60km in this picture. It's just a very special day if you get such a clear view on mountains with all the colors in the trees in front. no matter where.
I'm on the way to lucerne in a few minutes and tomorrow I'll go up to Chur. I'm looking forward to get a few more pittoresque moments to see. :)

Thanks seb for the stunning image.
It's the time of year, where sometimes you have a similar clear view of the Apls from Munich, or of the Sierra Nevada range from Mount Diablo in California.
I have seen it but didn't have a camera at the time.

k-hawinkler

Thank you k-h. The distance between my point of view and the mountains was 60km in this picture. It's just a very special day if you get such a clear view on mountains with all the colors in the trees in front. no matter where.
I'm on the way to lucerne in a few minutes and tomorrow I'll go up to Chur. I'm looking forward to get a few more pittoresque moments to see. :)
Thanks seb and good luck with the viewing conditions in Lucrrne and Chur.
I live in New Mexico with its usually very dry climate. If there is no dust and hardly any moisture in the air then around here I can easily see horizontally for about 100 km. High humidity by itself, not fog or clouds, limits visibility to no more than 10 or 20 km IIRC.

seb

There are only a few days where the sky is really clear in Switzerland. Most time after heavy rains on a cold day in spring. :)

Thanks seb and good luck with the viewing conditions in Lucerne and Chur.
I live in New Mexico with its usually very dry climate. If there is no dust and hardly any moisture in the air then around here I can easily see horizontally for about 100 km. High humidity by itself, not fog or clouds, limits visibility to no more than 10 or 20 km IIRC.
Here are a few from Lucerne and (on the way back from) Chur:

Vierwaldstättersee
[a7RII + Sony Zeiss Sonnar 55/1.8)

Pilatus
(a7RII + Zeiss Loxia 21/2.8)

I grown up about 100m of this place. When I was 7 to 12 it was one of my favorite places on the way to school. :)
You can see Eiger - Jungrauf and Mönch (the mountains from the last post but in a different order) on this one too. They are the far ones 1/3 from the left. The focal length is now 21 instead of 55 but the distance is the same (around 60km)

Taminabrücke
(a7RII + Zeiss Loxia 21/2.8)

Valensee
(a7RII + Sony 28/2)

Last edited:

pegelli

Pontoon bridge across the river Schelde, temporarily erected 3 years ago as a remembrance to a pontoon bridge built at the start of WW1 to allow people to escape from the city during a siege.

NEX6 + M Summaron 35/2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.