The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Thanks Bart. So which WA Sigma ART is the one to get? TIA.
Well, there is a choice of 24/1.4, 20/1.4 and 14/1.8
My choice was primarily based on edge performance and of this trio the 20 is 'best' (see LensTip reviews).
I found the 24 just not wide enough and the 14 just too wide ... :loco:
Frankly, I consider shooting ultra wide lenses (<20mm) very difficult and very demanding.
For me the attraction and fun factor lies in their creative possibilities, but I've got to admit for now 20 is my limit.

All the best.

Knorp

Thanks Bart, one could say its not only sharp but pronounced and almost "intimidating" in a positive sense to deliver the items strong and almost touchable.
But I guess the 24 Art might not be quite in the same league and with the same nifty approach.
Best Thorkil
It's down to one's personal taste (and finances), I'm afraid.

V

Vivek

UV capture. If one needs non monochromatic images, a lens with proper UV transmission is needed. A little bit of fill (365nm) light from a powerful UV torch light.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Hacked Sony A7, Reflected UV capture, UV-Planar 60/4, Baader U 2" filter

tofa

A couple of things on this one:
I'm fascinated by the textures and looming qualities of the hills this time of year here, and the cross at the bottom (you'd have to click through and go to the original size to really see it) is an RIP memorial (hope it's just a memorial!) to Zeus E Goosie.
This spot - in campers or hidden in the trees - is the temporary home to a few groups of homeless people; I guess Zeus E was one of them . . .

AlanS

My pleasure, i do get a bit "fed up" with the pushed and overblown colours of a lot of these wonderful places.

The Ute

My pleasure, i do get a bit "fed up" with the pushed and overblown colours of a lot of these wonderful places.
I was fortunate to be there when the light was right. During the golden hour.
Most people who visit only get a few hours and have to take what they can get.
It is extremely difficult to get to and is very remote.
I also wonder what sort of screen many view these items on.
I kind of wonder if most/all use calibrated screens of high resolution as I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.