The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Operations Center

My FIL just turned 89. This corner of the kitchen in his Budapest flat is where he notates the calendar, clips coupons and prepares for shopping, repairs small items,
does crossword puzzles, carries out his correspondence, manages his medications, checks the outside temperature and activities in the street.

God bless him. I love that photo and the story behind it. All that's missing is your father-in-law gazing out of the window or solving a crossword puzzle. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Operations Center

My FIL just turned 89. This corner of the kitchen in his Budapest flat is where he notates the calendar, clips coupons and prepares for shopping, repairs small items,
does crossword puzzles, carries out his correspondence, manages his medications, checks the outside temperature and activities in the street.

Very nice. Did he live in Budapest all that time? 89 years is a lot of history.

tofa

Very nice. Did he live in Budapest all that time? 89 years is a lot of history.
Pretty much - he moved there as a young man from a little town in the northeast.
Yes, a lot of history. The fascists and communists came and went, liberal democracy was tried, now they're trying an "illiberal democracy".
He just keeps going, maintaining a large house and yard, adding little technological rituals to his daily life, like TV and email...

scho

Just testing a Contax N 24-85 + Fringer CN-SE AF adapter (version 3) on the Sony A7RIII. Works well with no focusing issues that unfortunately I'm having with the TAP on the A7RIII.

ReeRay

Sony A7r - 28mm

Wat Jittapawan is an abandoned temple/pier at a Buddhist College for monks which is located in Pattaya, Chonburi province just south of Bangkok. It was a very ambitious project which began almost 50 years ago but ran out of funding before it could be finished. Built entirely by monks without outsourcing.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/D3Kzsz]The Long Pier by Ray Evans, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/D3Mpvg]Thailand by Ray Evans, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EzJ8NY]Jittapawan Temple Thailand by Ray Evans, on Flickr[/URL]

seb

I was lucky to start my holidays with some cross country skying and the sun broke through the clouds and made it a wounderful day.

All the best to everybody! Have some nice days with your family and friends. And a happy new year!

Studen
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)

The Ute

I was lucky to start my holidays with some cross country skying and the sun broke through the clouds and made it a wounderful day.

All the best to everybody! Have some nice days with your family and friends. And a happy new year!

Studen
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)
Same to you.
Happy Holidays.
Great shot.

gurtch

I have not posted in a long while....a month of Pre-Op tests, and then Open Heat Surgery on Dec 5, to replace my Aortic Valve. I am recovering, and now 18 days out of surgery. My progress is great, and I am doing VERY well (I am 80 yrs old). I did, however get my Christmas card designed, printed and mailed before surgery. I thing this shot on my card was my A7RII and either 16-35mm Zeiss, or possibly my Voigtlander 12mm. Happy Holidays to all. Hoping to be out and about photographing, processing and printing again soon!
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ USA
2017 REV 1 WEB SIZE  Gurtcheff XMAS card 4to3 5.5x8.jpg

Barry Haines

Very nice Seb and Dave.

David, wishing you the very best in health and that you make a speedy recovery from your surgery...We all look forward to seeing more images from you when you are feeling better.

Happy Merry Xmas to one and all here at GetDPI...Best wished from Barry and Alison

Two days ago I went to the only area open to visitors after the fires in the Columbia River Gorge, Latourell Falls trail to the Upper Falls.

Sony A7Riii and Voightlander 65mm Lanthar, f8 at 1/5sec and ISO 100

ColGorge2 by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

Happy Holidays and a very special thank you to everyone for sharing their images and insights, it has been a very big help to me.

tofa

Merry Christmas from the SF Bay Area.
From yesterday evening, a tree sustaining, at least a bit, in hard circumstances.

scho

MerryXMAS from CNY at the Ithaca Farmers Market "Steamboat Landing" pier. A7RIII + TAP +Contax G 45/2 Planar.

Status
Not open for further replies.