The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Barry, your Undergrowth is wonderful.

Some of our Holidays in Graubünden.

Silvester
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)

Thank you for your very kind comment.

Seb, right back at you...you have yourself some really excellent wintery snowy images and some others over on flickr...I particularly like this one, as it's a bit different from the others.

It might seem a bit strange to you (living where you do) but I haven't seen snow deeper than a inch (in the flesh, so to speak) in the last 8 years!
We do get a lot of wind and rain in the winter though...S. Eleanor paid her respects here last night and it did a little bit of damage to our property and to my parents, which I will have to sort out when things get back to normal...I can't complain as others here in Cornwall had it a lot worse with flooding, no electricity, fires, trees down and sea defence walls down.

On a more cheerful note Happy New Year to you and everybody else :)

Cheers Barry​

Barry Haines

Barry,

Where was this taken? Beautiful scene that reminds me of a cloud forest I visited a few years ago in Costa Rica.

Best regards,
Carl
Thank you Carl, sadly nothing as exotic as Costa Rica I'm afraid...The image was taken just a few miles away from where I live!
The Lost Gardens of Heligan (+ The Lost Valley of Heligan)....A Cornish Estate with a very long history dating back to 1200 AD
Some links below if interested...
Introduction... Introduction | The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Timeline... Timeline | The Lost Gardens of Heligan

A few more from Heligan...
Boughs - 85mm GM
Cherub - 85mm GM
Branok the Scarecrow (Branok is an old Cornish name derived from Raven or Crow) - CV65mm

Last edited:

pegelli

Ceiling of the main church in Breda (Netherlands)

I was surprised to see that the pillars are not exactly aligned, causing the ribs to be slightly skewed across the ceiling.

A6000 + E18-55kit

V

Vivek

Ceiling of the main church in Breda (Netherlands)

I was surprised to see that the pillars are not exactly aligned, causing the ribs to be slightly skewed across the ceiling.
So the protractor isn’t limited to leveling horizons? :p

V

Vivek

It really is a nightmare for architectural photography here. Don’t go to Delft, in particular!

scho

Just received a copy of the 7 Artisans 50mm f/1.1 M mount lens and trying it with a TAP on the A7RIII. Very compact and solid little lens, handles nicely, and smooth focusing. Autofocus is a bit iffy in low light with TAP, but MF works well with peaking on. Need to work more with this lens to get a feel for capabilities and limitations.

Sun catcher, MF at f/1.1

Ornamental grass shot through window AF at f/2.0

pegelli

It really is a nightmare for architectural photography here. Don’t go to Delft, in particular!
Vivek, I love to live dangerously :loco:

I did survive Amsterdam after shooting this row of houses ;)

And I swear, what you see is not caused by photoshop warping :angel:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Vivek, I love to live dangerously :loco:

I did survive Amsterdam after shooting this row of houses ;)

And I swear, what you see is not caused by photoshop warping :angel:
I spent some time in an Amsterdam coffee house like that one on the left, and I came out rather distorted, much like those houses:grin:

pegelli

I spent some time in an Amsterdam coffee house like that one on the left, and I came out rather distorted, much like those houses:grin:
Indeed, after a visit your vision is seriously impaired by some kind of human photoshop warp :bugeyes:
And yes, Amsterdam has many of those places:

Btw, with the new no smoking laws in the Netherlands you can still smoke pot inside, but if you want to smoke a cigarette you'll have to go outside :facesmack:

Status
Not open for further replies.