The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithDM

I can't get the combination of the two out of my mind. Would this be tasty? :loco:
I doubt it - we ate the sauerkraut last night with sausages & new potatoes - delicious! The combination of the two subjects was purely that they were the first ones to hand when I fired-up the A6500 for a first test. :)

PS - just back from an hour's stroll around the World Heritage site of Avebury, so no doubt I will be uploading later... ;)

KeithDM

Two more from my first A6500 outing earlier this week. (E16-70 ZA).
1) Chocolate box, anyone? ;)
2) Reflections.

scho

A mid winter thaw day walkabout with the A7RIII+24-105 G

Fall Creek. Notable image elements are the Cornell campus skyline, ice jam in the creek above the foot bridge, jogger on foot bridge, and osprey nest on top of pole to right of bridge.

Boathouse window

Golden willows

Winter bird watcher

dwood

I shot this in 2015 with an a7r and Zeiss Distagon 21 zf2 and recently converted it 'back' to color. There was recently a listing for an a7r on my local craigslist for $900. Seems like a pretty good deal for a camera that is still very capable. Man, these things depreciate quickly, don't they?

V

Vivek

US $900 is less than, i have been reminded recently, than a 18mp leica sensor replacement. I am still holding onto my original A7r. It still works. :thumbs:

Barry Haines

I shot this in 2015 with an a7r and Zeiss Distagon 21 zf2 and recently converted it 'back' to color. There was recently a listing for an a7r on my local craigslist for $900. Seems like a pretty good deal for a camera that is still very capable. Man, these things depreciate quickly, don't they?
Doug, you can still pick up one of these (DSC-R1) for about £150 on ebay if your strapped for cash :) :ROTFL:

Another old image that I took way back in 2006 with a 10MP APS-C Sony DSC-R1 Bridge camera...The fixed lens was a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Fixed, 14.3–71.5mm

This is All Saints Church at East Horndon
History - Friends of East Horndon, All Saints Church

Last edited:

Bugleone

I never thought to see East Horndon Church on the web at 7.30am...before i must leave for the day.

This church was the venue for my only supernatural experience...about 20 years ago I took part in a small concert held inside the church, which no longer has relifous services, and a small audience attended. Once the concert began I saw a 'presence' march purposely into the back of the church and stand behind the audience, apparently to listen to the music....It wa a large male figure, fuzzy in appearance but of considerable stature with wide shoulders dressed entirely in black, thin lower legs in stockings or country gaters. This figure listened attentively, sometimes shifting his weight from foot to foot in an entirely natural manner. I have come to think that 'he' was a religous man perhaps a previous vicar! It was a very strange experience playing a musical instrument and knowing that something very unusual was happening in the audience. The ghostly 'vicar' vanished silently by the end of the concert but only one other performer also saw 'him'.

Barry Haines

I never thought to see East Horndon Church on the web at 7.30am...before i must leave for the day.

This church was the venue for my only supernatural experience...about 20 years ago I took part in a small concert held inside the church, which no longer has relifous services, and a small audience attended. Once the concert began I saw a 'presence' march purposely into the back of the church and stand behind the audience, apparently to listen to the music....It wa a large male figure, fuzzy in appearance but of considerable stature with wide shoulders dressed entirely in black, thin lower legs in stockings or country gaters. This figure listened attentively, sometimes shifting his weight from foot to foot in an entirely natural manner. I have come to think that 'he' was a religous man perhaps a previous vicar! It was a very strange experience playing a musical instrument and knowing that something very unusual was happening in the audience. The ghostly 'vicar' vanished silently by the end of the concert but only one other performer also saw 'him'.
Thank you Bugleone for sharing your experience.
It's a small world as I lived for 26 years (1983-2009 between Herongate and Brentwood) just a short walk to this Church from my home, through Thorndon park and woods before moving to Cornwall. I do remember well recitals being played over there on warm summer days - most enjoyable they were too :)
A couple more with the Sony DSC-R1...Thorndon Hall and a old Hornbeam in the woods on my way to the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.