The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

A7RII and Viogtlander 12mm lens at f11---basically a point and shoot with manual focus set to hyperfocal distance. Sharp from close up to infinity.
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
D771 framed.jpgD770 framed.jpg

seb

One of our deliverer is settled in the town I was born. It's always a good idea to walk on old paths then...

Dietschiberg
(a7RII + 85/1.4 GM)

Edit: Removed a purple color cast. :)

Last edited:

rayyan

Come on folks. I can’t be clicking ‘ likes ‘ for all the post in this Sony forum.

But have to say each image is a corker!

Bravo guys :clap::clap:

frozenbb

Incidentally, what's the preferred image posting size on here these days? It occurs to me I should have exported these a bit larger so that all of you with 4K monitors can see them! ;)

seb

Incidentally, what's the preferred image posting size on here these days? It occurs to me I should have exported these a bit larger so that all of you with 4K monitors can see them! ;)
We had a discussion here once and I think my findings was to post 2048 wide for landscape format and 1600 heigh on portrait format. And the more I post I think I should go even smaller. ;)

Growing Suporter
(a7RII + 85/1.4 GM)

Barry Haines

Barry - How are you liking the CV40? I'm looking for a fast 35/40mm "character" lens that can do double duty for landscapes. Do you find it up to both tasks?

And of course I'm tempted by that CV65 as well! What a versatile lens.
Hi Tom, yes the 40mm Voigtlander F1.2 E mount lens is an excellent lens....I also have the Zony and the Zeiss ZM 35mm Distagon F1.4 which I also like.
I like the 40mm stopped down from f2 upwards, I'm in the minority and less keen than most using it wide open, as I prefer the Distagon rendering....It's small light and decently sharp with exif data at a reasonable price.
I personally prefer the 65mm to the 40mm if I could only have one lens....Seb likes his 40mm and does some excellent work with it :)

This shot was taken at f1.4 with a bit of PP to give you some idea of the rendering.

Last edited:

frozenbb

Hi Tom, yes the 40mm Voigtlander F1.2 E mount lens is an excellent lens....I also have the Zony and the Zeiss ZM 35mm Distagon F1.4 which I also like.
I like the 40mm stopped down from f2 upwards, I'm in the minority and less keen than most using it wide open, as I prefer the Distagon rendering....It's small light and decently sharp with exif data at a reasonable price.
I personally prefer the 65mm to the 40mm if I could only have one lens....Seb likes his 40mm and does some excellent work with it :)
Cheers, Barry, but shouldn't you be sleeping?! ;) I've definitely given the ZM 35 1.4 some thought as well, though that would require a bit of mechanical effort on my part! Oh, and it would be nice to have the EXIF data the Voigtlander provides.

Decisions, decisions. It never ends, does it? I'm fairly certain I will pick up the CV 65 at some point, though if I'm honest with myself I wish it were a 75 instead.

I'll stop derailing the thread now!

Thorkil

Thorkil...I will chip in, just incase Bart doesn't see your post...
I'm pretty sure Bart used the CV65mm for that excellent shot - https://voigtlaender.com/65-mm--f2-macro-apo-lanthar-e.html
It's a fantastic lens :)

Thank you Barry, I can see Bart agree.
Yes, one could become Sony fan just because of this lens (not available for Nikon mount), but then one have to be realistic, I don't got the skill you and Bart and others here present, and I'm way more lazy too, so I'll stick to my Nikon Df while I like it, and we have become good and close friends too. As long as one are aware of ones limitations, one can live happily with that.
Keep pushing boys and girls, a joy to see you!
Thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.