The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenbb

Here are two more snaps from Oregon, taken on the same morning as the shots above - or rather, taken on the only morning it stopped raining for 5 minutes. :cool:

pegelli

A little test while I was in the Queen's house in Greenwich last week.

The famous tulip stairs with the Sony "APS-C" 10-18/4 @ 13 mm on my A7ii, it covers full frame then quite well :)

A7ii + E10-18/4 @ 13 mm

Vignetting is correctable between ~13 and ~16 mm, shorter or longer you need to crop black corners. And the hood has to be off.

seb

Säublueme (swiss word for this flower. It means "pig flower")
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)

Barry Haines

A recent visit to see two installations by Tim Shaw - "WHAT REMAINS"

The Blindman - SOUL SNATCHER POSSESSION... http://www.timshawsculptor.com/projects/soul-snatcher.php
Influenced by a violent disturbance that took place on a street one night, Soul Snatcher Possession sets the scene of a ritual gangland killing or punishment beating. No weapon is visible, the perpetrators smile and gestures betray the moment just before some dreadful act is committed where fear fills the imagination. The installation is a metaphor for the violent extraction of soul, the manipulation of mind and the taking of life by the powerful, in order to perpetuate the myth that those with the power want to portray. It relates to the street, the corridors of governance and commerce.
Eight large figures made from old clothes, sacking and pillows are constructed unto metal frames and stand in a dimly lit room. The figures are inter-related; the strong do not exist without the weak. Material is cut, slashed, stitched and manipulated into shape. The central group appear to crowd in on their victim who is hooded. In one corner stands a large blind man holding a stick.

+

Aftermath - MOTHER, THE AIR IS BLUE, THE AIR IS DANGEROUS... http://www.timshawsculptor.com/projects/mother-william.php
The installation recounts an early life experience of sitting in a restaurant in Belfast when a firebomb explodes on the floor below creating pandemonium. Chairs, tables, old clothes and shoes are scattered across the floor of a fabricated space. Slow moving shadows of people running are cast upon walls, dinner trays revolve through the air filled with haze, and the intense sound of many sirens radiate out from the corners of the room.

The Ute

I haven't been able to contribute much lately.
Our Utah canyons are such special places I thought I'd add a couple more views.
Spring Creek Canyon
A7RII/Zeiss Batis 25

pegelli

Another one from the Tulip stairs in the Queen's house (Greenwich)

This time in colour (I like the blue of the railings) and a slightly longer lens

A7ii + LA-EA4 + Min 16/2.8 FE

seb

Great one Arne! Nice composition
Patrick, this may be a shot that everyone takes. But you were there at the right time. I'm always too unpatient to wait. Like in these two... Scenery is nice but I should have wait for light and sky... :)

The tower of the church on the second picture is sloped (about 40cm towards the valley) in real. :)

Haupt and Calanda
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)

Seewis
(a7RII + Voigtänder Nokton 40/1.2)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.