The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Haven't really had much time for photography of late...Just catching up and going through everybody else's images over the last couple of months
Some really excellent work guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The River Dart CV65mm and INRI taken in a dimly lit church in Probus earlier today with the 50mm f/0.95 Mitakon

Yes, glad your on your feet again Barry! Life has its on and off-times, and the off-times can be necessary and a valuable part too :thumbs:
Best thorkil
(super splendid picture by the way!)

Barry Haines

Good to see you Barry.
Hope you'll be able to come round more often.
Thorkil mentioned that you had some Family issues.
Miss your work.

Yes, glad your on your feet again Barry! Life has its on and off-times, and the off-times can be necessary and a valuable part too :thumbs:
Best thorkil
(super splendid picture by the way!)

Thank you Michael and also to Thorkil (especially for all of your PM's - Alison and I really appreciated your kind words).

I have watched this forum grow since it's very beginning and I eventually got around to joining GetDPI in May 2010 (originally as Barry) and the one thing that I have noticed over all these years is that most of the members are very supportive of one another...This is a nice forum to be part of...So thank you guys...Cheers Barry :)

mmTK

Thank you Michael and also to Thorkil (especially for all of your PM's - Alison and I really appreciated your kind words).

I have watched this forum grow since it's very beginning and I eventually got around to joining GetDPI in May 2010 (originally as Barry) and the one thing that I have noticed over all these years is that most of the members are very supportive of one another...This is a nice forum to be part of...So thank you guys...Cheers Barry :)
Welcome back Barry!:)

seb

This is one from my "Midnight in Sweden" series. I was a little late on the spot and probably missed a dreamlike sunset. At least it's what I'm thinking every time when I see the pictures. To get rid of this feeling I made a retouch of one of them. It should also get a touch of landscape painting from the 19th century.

I hope you forgive me the artistic disaster. :D

Sweden in the 19th Century
(a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8)

42389420275_3769282b1e_oa.jpg

Here is the original (on Flickr), which comes quite close to how I remember the mood/light of that night. If someone wants to see what I processed.

Last edited:

Pradeep

This is one from my "Midnight in Sweden" series. I was a little late on the spot and probably missed a dreamlike sunset. At least it's what I'm thinking every time when I see the pictures. To get rid of this feeling I made a retouch of one of them. It should also get a touch of landscape painting from the 19th century.

I hope you forgive me the artistic disaster. :D

Sweden in the 19th Century
(a7RII + Loxia 21/2.8)

Ah, beautiful! Love this. Was this processed to look like a sunset? Thanks for sharing. It does look like an Old Master.​

seb

Ah, beautiful! Love this. Was this processed to look like a sunset? Thanks for sharing. It does look like an Old Master.
Yes, exactly. It's the way how I phantasize the mood an hour before I took the photo. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Internaut

My sister kindly dropped her Canon 70-200 f4 lens, at the weekend. It's an older model, without IS, but that's fine for a an A7II.... So what's a man to do? Well, for starters, he must blow the best part of £200 on a Sigma MC-11. The results? I like this lens! Something about the 70-200 range, on a full frame sensor, just seems to work quite nicely. I want one (though I'm not sure which one)! Few snaps, all processed in Capture One and finished off in Photoshop.

The Manchester Cityscape
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

NV Buildings #1

NV Building #3

The Lowry

Front end of the Lowry

Media City Abstract

The Symbol Of Manchester

Lowry Bridge

Holiday Inn #3

Alas, I'll soon have to hand this rather nice lens back (and I've promised her some quality time with my Olympus 12-40 in return).

Status
Not open for further replies.