The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

You're probably right, Seb. But to me it looks like you had for too long a little too much "dolce far niente" or it's my browser's cache ... :)

seb

A friend told me once: You can trust People which do not delete their browser cache. :thumbup:

You're probably right, Seb. But to me it looks like you had for too long a little too much "dolce far niente" or it's my browser's cache ... :)
Marienkäfer
(a7RII + Sony FE 85/1.4 GM + Marumi+3 achromat)

Last edited:

seb

Two for k-h! :thumbs:
see here: Hummingbird moth?

I'm documenting for a neighbour a school garden over the summer. Yesterday we had a hardly seen guest.

Hummingbird Hawk-Moth
(a7RII + Voigtländer 40/1.2 + Marumi+3 achromat)

Last edited:

KeithDM

Hi Keith,

it's worth to give the lens a try, I'd say. Though you have to consider the A6500's 1.5x crop factor and the Elmar's moustache signature.

Brgds.
Hi Bart,
Yes, its range at circa 32-52mm on my A6500 makes it a kind of 'neither fish nor foul' lens, if you see what I mean. Whereas 21-35mm on my M240 makes it a very useful travel lens. Have to admit though that the A6500 plus E 16-70mm ZA is a much lighter 'walk-about' combination (important when you are as decrepit as me!).

Knorp

Wonderful shots, Seb.
I had an encounter a couple of times with such a moth, but even with a long lens found it quite difficult to get a good shot.
So, I'm quite intrigued how you managed to get this close without spooking the moths.
Anyway, hats off to you ... :salute:

DLP

Some street shots from Belgrade, Serbia

Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Near Republic Square, Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Near Republic Square, Old Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

East Belgrade Gate, Rudo, Old Belgrade, Serbia
a7r mk2 + LA EA4 + 24 ZA

Zemun, New Belgrade, Serbia
a7r mk2 + LA EA4 + 24 ZA

Danube River, Zemun, New Belgrade, Serbia
RX 1

Last edited:

seb

Wonderful shots, Seb.
I had an encounter a couple of times with such a moth, but even with a long lens found it quite difficult to get a good shot.
So, I'm quite intrigued how you managed to get this close without spooking the moths.
Anyway, hats off to you ... :salute:
Thanks! Maybe it's just luck? :)

Normally I'm looking after a place where I can stand still and have a lot of flowers with bugs around me. Then I'm staying there for an hour and just shoot what comes. As I do all handheld, manual and during the busy hours (not in the morning when most bugs are slow) there is a lot to see. It even doesn't bother me if I don't get a sharp shot at the end. It's so much fun to look at everything.

The hummingbird moth in the last pictures was alone and it had a route flying through the flowers. Therefore it was quite easy to anticipate which flower group it will visit the next, staying there and waiting until it approached. Most important was not to walk and just leaning to the bug. The distance between lens and bug is around 30cm with the achromat and focus set to infinity. The last picture is around a 67% crop. So I'm not that close as it looks like.

@DLP: The two B&W are very nice motives.

-----------------------------

Vegetables
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2 + Marumi+3 Achromat)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.