The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Sorting out some of my old lenses and pulled out the Sigma 70/2.8 DG Macro for a test shot on the A7RII via the Sigma MC-11 adapter. This shot was taken using AF.

gurtch

Sorting out some of my old lenses and pulled out the Sigma 70/2.8 DG Macro for a test shot on the A7RII via the Sigma MC-11 adapter. This shot was taken using AF.

Nice photo. I recently bought the Sigma "Art" 70mm macro in Sony FE mount....have not tried it yet. If it as good as yours I will be happy.
Dave in NJ

scho

Nice photo. I recently bought the Sigma "Art" 70mm macro in Sony FE mount....have not tried it yet. If it as good as yours I will be happy.
Dave in NJ
Hi Dave,

My copy of the Sigma 70 Macro is the old version, but I would expect the new Art version to be as good or better. Have fun with the new lens!

Best.
Carl

Spent a day with some friends photographing at Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge and after reading a few articles and watching some YouTube videos, I was trying to create an image that would or could tell a story. By positioning the two trees, one old, one new and one in the distance for added depth and clouds that added to the image, I hoped to tell a story.

Sony ILCE-7RM3 ZEISS Batis 2.8/18

Ridgefield by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

cspeed

Re: Fun With Sony Camerasy

"Virgin River and Volcano cliffs"
A7R II/ Tamron 28-75 RXD
The results from this lens look very good to me, as I think you had the gm prior to this lens I wonder if I can ask if you think it loses much to the sony lens?

The Ute

The results from this lens look very good to me, as I think you had the gm prior to this lens I wonder if I can ask if you think it loses much to the sony lens?
I am actually glad you asked me.
My answer is emphatically no.
I actually consider at least equal or superior in all respects.
I particularly like the way it renders much better than the GM.
When you take into consideration the cost and weight differences I don't even think it's even a contest.
If I had a wish I would have given it the extra 4mm on the wide end but so far it has bothered me little.
I purchased a Tokina 20MM Firin for those instances where I need wider.
So far I don't even want to remove the lens from my camera and look forward to shooting w it.

cspeed

I am actually glad you asked me.
My answer is emphatically no.
I actually consider at least equal or superior in all respects.
I particularly like the way it renders much better than the GM.
When you take into consideration the cost and weight differences I don't even think it's even a contest.
If I had a wish I would have given it the extra 4mm on the wide end but so far it has bothered me little.
I purchased a Tokina 20MM Firin for those instances where I need wider.
So far I don't even want to remove the lens from my camera and look forward to shooting w it.
Thank you for your reply, just what I wanted to hear; better, lighter and cheaper what more can I ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.