The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Winter is a bit early this year. Storm that came through last night dumped about a foot of the white stuff. A7rII FE 24-105 G.

pegelli

Projection on the Art&Science museum in Singapore

And the projectors "cutting" through the slight haze

both NEX5 + E18-55 kit

iiiNelson

Haven't posted pics in a bit (and that's not because I haven't taken any) but here's a few from some of the late summer/fall weddings that I shot...

Fall Wedding Photos 1 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 4 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 17 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 7 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 32 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 29 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 22 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

scho

A couple from the RX1RII at the farmers market. I didn't pay attention to settings while shooting in auto iso so second shot in the market was at 6400.

scho

Suckered! These old, waterfront willows do not give up. Split by lightning, blown over, chainsawed and they just sucker on. Sony A7r(m) Samyang FE 35/2.8.

pegelli

Madrid Maersk, berthed at the APM terminal (Maasvlakte, Rotterdam)

A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ

It's actually the fourth largest size container vessel in the world, with a capacity of > 20.000 container units (of 20 ft)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Madrid Maersk, berthed at the APM terminal (Maasvlakte, Rotterdam)

A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ

It's actually the fourth largest size container vessel in the world, with a capacity of > 20.000 container units (of 20 ft)
Hello Pieter

What a fascinating image . Thanks for showing . I am interested in anything technical . Especially ships , excavators and asphalt works .

In fact that container ship is not the fourth biggest ship , but the second biggest ship (built in 2017) and momentarily cruises south of Sicilia in the mediterranean sea . Next destination is SUEZ CANAL .

I took a screenshot of your image and applied some small changes . Add a very soft vignette , lower exposure by 0,2 and a little sharpening . The effect is tremendous . If you don't mind , I will pick it as a screen saver .

Thanks again for showing . Best regards . Jürgen .

H

pegelli

I took a screenshot of your image and applied some small changes . Add a very soft vignette , lower exposure by 0,2 and a little sharpening . The effect is tremendous . If you don't mind , I will pick it as a screen saver
Thanks Jürgen, I'm actually honoured you pick it as a screen saver, no problem at all :)

However being 2nd largest seems to be 2017 news, with some new arrivals in 2018 it now looks to be in the 4th size class (at least according to this Wikipedia article)

I'll try some of your suggested edits, it's indeed a bit bright overall and a mild vignette will concentrate the viewer more towards the middle where the ship is.

The good news is I got some more shots from this harbour tour and I was planning to post a few more and will certainly do so after this encouragement.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

However being 2nd largest seems to be 2017 news, with some new arrivals in 2018 it now looks to be in the 4th size class (at least according to this Wikipedia article)

I'll try some of your suggested edits, it's indeed a bit bright overall and a mild vignette will concentrate the viewer more towards the middle where the ship is.

The good news is I got some more shots from this harbour tour and I was planning to post a few more and will certainly do so after this encouragement.
Pieter

I have looked up that link and yes you are right . But the differences in length and load capacity are marginal . It is surprising how many monster container ships cruise around the world . It is just breath taking .

I envy you for your ability to vist the Rotterdam Harbour locations . I believe , I could spend days there .

pegelli

Yes, isn't it amazing, 6 ships tied for first place, 2 for 2nd and 3 for 3rd place, and then the 4th size group (which has the Madrid Maersk) has 10 ships listed. And those (plus the places below are very close in size, container unit capacity and deadweight.

Here's another interesting (albeit a little smaller) container ship, the CMA CGM Mumbai who was getting a nose job done there. I saw the incident on the Belgian news and it's for sure interesting to watch:
First click this link to show you why a "nose job" was needed :wtf: :facesmack:
And my images:

1: Approaching from the starboard side

2: Closer to the repair zone

3: Around the bow, the repair zone from the port side

4: Last view from the port side

The guide from the tour told us that the ship still sailed under own power with a large amount of the containers on board from Mumbai (where the incident happened) to Rotterdam, where they are now taking the time for the necessary repairs.

I expect the captain or one of the mates now has to scrub toilets for a while :ROTFL:

All images with an A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.