The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

Attended the Sony BeAlpha event in Nashville on Saturday night with the hopes of trying out the 24/1.4 GM which didn't arrive in time for the event. Fortunately, I was able to connect with the regional Sony Pro Support representative who actually lives within 10-15 minutes of me and she promised to get me a demo copy when it becomes available. There were people that shot an assortment of gear there from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, and obviously a lot of Sony shooters. A9's, A7RIII's, and A7III's were available to shoot with along with some of the G-Master's, the Sony Zeiss, Sony G, and a couple of "regular Sony lenses (like the 85/1.8) lenses... and with all that gear I largely still shot everything with my A7RII while utilizing various lenses.

Here's a few...

BeAlpha Nashville by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 4 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 19 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 24 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 21 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 11 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 9 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

scho

I purchased one of the Sigma MC-11 EF-E adapters that have been on sale recently. Trying out some of my old Canon lenses on the A7RII. This one with the Canon Macro EF 100/2.8.

scho

I purchased one of the Sigma MC-11 EF-E adapters that have been on sale recently. Trying out some of my old Canon lenses on the A7RII. This one with the Canon Macro EF 100/2.8.

Two more with some old Canon glass.

Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L

Canon EF 100-400 f/4-5.6 L

The 100-400 does not have very smooth auto focus, but manual focus is fine.

scho

Slate colored junco, goldfinch, and cardinal sharing the feeder. Sony A7RII, Sigma MC-11 EF-E, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L.

seb

From last Sunday. Like every year I was on a "late in the year" hike with some friends.

Gross Ganderstock
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)

seb

seb

Awesome scenery
Lucky you:thumbup:
Thanks, I know I am and every time I'm up in the mountains I'm wondering why I don't go more often. It's two (or less) hours and I can choose between hundreds of wonderful hikes in very different places.

At the beginning, we walked along the Arnisee. Just after sunrise.

Arnisee
(a7RII + Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.2)

Last edited:

The Ute

Great stuff seb.
I too live in a beautiful area and feel lucky just in a different way.
Impressive scenery and hiking.
I guess those are the Alps ?

scho

One of the regulars that do clean-up work under the bird feeder. This one likes to pose when he sees my camera. A7rII MC-11 Canon EF 100-400 f/4 L @ 300mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.