The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Great stuff seb.
I too live in a beautiful area and feel lucky just in a different way.
Impressive scenery and hiking.
I guess those are the Alps ?
Yes it's the Alps. I'm living in Zurich, Switzerland. The hike went from Arnisee to Gross Ganderstock. On the panorama below you can see the Big and Small Windgällen (in the center) and the Mountain Bristen (on the right). I'm sure you can find those points with Wiki and Google-Maps. :)

Windgällen
(a7RII + Zeiss Loxia 21/2.8)

Fullsize: Wndgällen

iiiNelson

Beautiful Shac :thumbs:

Pelican resting place near Kemah (Texas)

A850 + Min 24-105D
Reminds me of the good ole days. I did so much fishing and crabbing in Kemah, Seabrook, and throughout Galveston as a kid with one of my grandfathers.

Last edited:

ggibson

Took some shots at sunset the other week with the California wildfire smoke in the air. We're hundreds of miles away in the Bay Area, but the smoke traveled west and made air quality very unhealthy for over a week. Luckily the state has had rains now to contain the fires and clear the air.

Smokey sunset by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Smokey sunset by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Madrid Maersk, berthed at the APM terminal (Maasvlakte, Rotterdam)

A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ

It's actually the fourth largest size container vessel in the world, with a capacity of > 20.000 container units (of 20 ft)
Pieter

The MOSCOW MAERSK , will berth December 05 at 19:00 in Rotterdam .
That vessel is of the same size as the MADRID MAERSK . I would very much like to see such a vessel life . But Rotterdam is too far away from my place .

pegelli

Pieter

The MOSCOW MAERSK , will berth December 05 at 19:00 in Rotterdam .
That vessel is of the same size as the MADRID MAERSK . I would very much like to see such a vessel life . But Rotterdam is too far away from my place .
I will also not be there, for us it's also still a 2 hour drive so a bit too far just to have a look. But for sure Kempten is a lot further. We used to drive by there a few times on our way to the Austrian mountains many years ago, being there meant we were almost out of Germany and close to our destination.

pegelli

Earlier this week I attended a David Yarrow event, organised by Leonhardsgallery in Antwerp. It started off with a talk by David of about an hour in which he showed some of his pictures and shared the stories behind them. Very inspiring and informative.

Then we had to walk a few hundred meters to the gallery where a some of his images were displayed, including a few very recent ones. Here's a brief impression of this wonderful evening.

1: David talking about one of his images

2: While the visitors were queing up to enter the gallery David, a film crew and some friends waited patiently across the street before going in.

3: Lots of visitors

4: Standing in awe for one of his latest (in my mind) iconic images "Cara"

All images A7ii + FE28/2

Here's a background video on how he took the last image of Cara Delevingne.
An amazing production and 1000 times more complicated then trying something similar in Photoshop.
However the authenticity can easily be seen when looking a bit longer at the image, truly wonderful.

pegelli

A few from last week, walking through Antwerp in the evening and enjoying the holiday lights and wet pavement

1: Mechelseplein

2: Let's make Belgium great again :toocool:

3: Leopoldplaats

4: Frankrijklei

5: Tram station Nationale Bank

All A7ii, 1-4 with FE28/2, 5 with FE55/1.8CZ

k-hawinkler

A few from last week, walking through Antwerp in the evening and enjoying the holiday lights and wet pavement

1: Mechelseplein

2: Let's make Belgium great again :toocool:

3: Leopoldplaats

4: Frankrijklei

5: Tram station Nationale Bank

All A7ii, 1-4 with FE28/2, 5 with FE55/1.8CZ
Thanks Pieter for these gorgeous moody available light images.
They certainly give a vivid impression of the place and atmosphere.
Enough lighting to take pictures as well.

Many years ago (in fact over 50) I ended up in Antwerpen for a few hours,
while trying to hitchhike from Westfalen to London.
My friend and I gave up hitchhiking after that
and simply bought incredibly cheap subsidized railway tickets,
as both of our fathers worked for the Deutsche Bundesbahn. :)

I liked the parts of Antwerpen we saw, but unfortunately never made it back.
In short, I wouldn’t mind seeing more images from your area. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.