The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Thanks Pieter for these gorgeous moody available light images.
They certainly give a vivid impression of the place and atmosphere.
Enough lighting to take pictures as well.

Many years ago (in fact over 50) I ended up in Antwerpen for a few hours,
while trying to hitchhike from Westfalen to London.
My friend and I gave up hitchhiking after that
and simply bought incredibly cheap subsidized railway tickets,
as both of our fathers worked for the Deutsche Bundesbahn. :)

I liked the parts of Antwerpen we saw, but unfortunately never made it back.
In short, I wouldn’t mind seeing more images from your area. TIA.
Thanks K-H, appreciate it. We're so fortunate to have modern cameras, even my 2014 vintage can easily handle iso 3600+ and make taking these type of shots handheld almost as easy as during the day.

I liked your story of hitchhiking vs. trains, as a youngster without money I hitchhiked a bit but quickly found out that saving up for a train ticket made sense if you had to get somewhere in time.

If you want to see more from Antwerp with images from myself as well as others look here. You might recognise some I've posted in this forum as well, but usually I post more on Dyxum vs. GetDPI.

Shac

Nex 6 and 18-55 kit lens - both taken yesterday
Dogwood twigs with ice crystals

Panorama looking NW from Mt Strachan, Cypress Prov. park, BC

jdphoto

Sony A7 with 55mm 1.8. Great camera and one of the best lenses ever! 1/1000th @f/3.2 ISO 100
This is in New England.

Last edited:

jdphoto

Earlier this week I attended a David Yarrow event, organised by Leonhardsgallery in Antwerp. It started off with a talk by David of about an hour in which he showed some of his pictures and shared the stories behind them. Very inspiring and informative.

Then we had to walk a few hundred meters to the gallery where a some of his images were displayed, including a few very recent ones. Here's a brief impression of this wonderful evening.

1: David talking about one of his images

2: While the visitors were queing up to enter the gallery David, a film crew and some friends waited patiently across the street before going in.

3: Lots of visitors

4: Standing in awe for one of his latest (in my mind) iconic images "Cara"

All images A7ii + FE28/2

Here's a background video on how he took the last image of Cara Delevingne.
An amazing production and 1000 times more complicated then trying something similar in Photoshop.
However the authenticity can easily be seen when looking a bit longer at the image, truly wonderful.
Great video! Looks like he's shooting a D810/850 with an 85mm 1.4G.

Status
Not open for further replies.