The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithDM

Testing a Leica 50mm Summilux-M ASPH on my new A7III. Lens at f1.4 & min focus distance. .ARW files imported into LR CC & exported as 1024px .jpg. Second fruit image @ 100% crop. Bought the camera essentially to use my Leica M and R lenses at their 'natural' focal length as opposed to the cropped images on my A6500. EVF and IBIS are bonuses compared with my M240.

View attachment 139091

View attachment 139092

View attachment 139093

pegelli

Testing a Leica 50mm Summilux-M ASPH on my new A7III. Lens at f1.4 & min focus distance. .ARW files imported into LR CC & exported as 1024px .jpg. Second fruit image @ 100% crop. Bought the camera essentially to use my Leica M and R lenses at their 'natural' focal length as opposed to the cropped images on my A6500. EVF and IBIS are bonuses compared with my M240.
Hey Keith, congrats on your A7iii!
You followed the same logic I did, I started a NEX6 and A6000, then added a speed booster to at least use my OM Zuiko lenses at their "natural" FOV but then went the A7/A7ii route to also be able to do the same thing with my Minolta Rokkors and Leica M lenses and the OM Zuikos of course. The speedbooster sees very little use since I got the FF cameras. Basically the main purpose of my A7's is a digital back to older MF glass.

pegelli

And here's an example of my poor man's FF with a Metabones speedbooster:

Erasmusbridge in Rotterdam

A6000 + Metabones speedbooster + OM Zuiko 24/2.8 @ f5.6

The Ute

Classic view of the "Watchman" and Virgin River.
Zion NP
Unfortunately, I did not have my lens hood along so I got a little bit of flare. :(
A7RII/ Tokina Firin 20mm f2

tofa

The hills here in the Bay Area are great now - they remind me of Scotland. In the evening they are a pastel backdrop.

Status
Not open for further replies.