The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Oh Barry, I have such strong memories of Respryn woods. When I was young I'd go there with my father, particularly in early Spring when the whole meadow was a yellow blaze of wild daffodils. Over the years I've often wondered how badly the daffodil carpet has been decimated by vandal-picking. If you head there again in days of full bloom; maybe you could report back? I'm betting you surely can't resist a daffodil day out––– can you?

........... Chris

Hi Chris, Respryn Woods is a magical place in the spring and summer, fortunately for me not all that many people seem to know about it (only locals), as most tourists just pass it automatically by for Lanhydrock :)

I tried to look through my old files for any images of the meadow with the Cornish daffodils in, sadly though I couldn't find any, as you say I expect they have been picked and sold on :-(
Nearby the blubells come out in Lanhydrock gardens which is a beautiful sight still to see...I shall keep an eye out for the daffodils as Respryn is only about 4 miles from my home.

Here are some older images at Respryn, taken with the A7R and Sony 70-200mm + Zony 35mm Distagon...River Bed Reflections + Tree Trunk + Meadow

Chris C

Respryn Woods is a magical place.....
I tried to look through my old files for any images of the meadow with the Cornish daffodils in... I expect they have been picked and sold on
.....I shall keep an eye out for the daffodils as Respryn is only about 4 miles from my home.

Here are some older images at Respryn.........
Barry – Thank you, I'm much obliged. Vicariously, I greatly enjoy your Cornish outings to places etched in my heart.

............. Chris

DLP

Mt. Fuji, Lake Kawaguchi, Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan
a7ii + LA EA4 + 24 F2 ZA

RX-1

a7ii + Loxia 50 F2

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Sandstone Mountain

Sony A7RII/ Tamron 28-75 RXD
Gorgeous image.
This would look also terrific when focus bracketed in camera and then focus stacked with Helicon Focus.
The cloudy sky possibly would need retouching.
Meaning, in the stacked image replaced with the cloudy sky from the single image with the most in focus one. :thumbs:

Last edited:

The Ute

Gorgeous image.
This would look also terrific when focus tracked in camera and then focus stacked with Helicon Focus.
The cloudy sky possibly would need retouching.
Meaning, in the stacked image replaced with the cloudy sky from the single image with the most in focus one. :thumbs:
Thank you for the kind words and for the suggestion on how the photo might be improved.

Much appreciated

k-hawinkler

Thank you for the kind words and for the suggestion on how the photo might be improved.

Much appreciated
Thank you. The image is fine as is.
Of course I don't mean to impose on you.

Having spent the last couple of moths learning how to focus bracket/stack with my Fujifilm GFX 50S, of course, I look at all images also from the point of view whether focus bracketing/stacking would be an easy option or too hard to even consider.

It helps if one has a camera and lens on tripod that can automatically take care of the focus bracketing part, such as my 50S or Olympus E-M1.2. IIRC the Sony A7r.3 belongs now also to that group,

https://briansmith.com/camfi-announces-sony-a7-iii-a7r-iii-focus-stacking-support/

as does the A7r and A7r.2

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=XZOdZKWb1Fk"

Please past the URL in between the "..." into a new browser window.

Here is an example taken with the Fuji GFX 50S and GF45 (35mm 135 film equivalent). :thumbup:

27 stacked images @ f/8. I retouched the sky and the folks on the viewing platform as they moved around. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.