The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Probably 99% of my photography is seascapes. The owners of our favorite tavern/restaraunt (where I exhibit about 70 big framed prints) asked me if I would photograph food to use, among other things, on the Shuttle Bus that runs up and down on the island in season. I do not have a studio, so they were all done in situ. Over head atrium sky lights with natural light, and a reflector that Sharon held to fill the shadows. Even with the reflector (a piece of 20"x30" fome core with aluminum foil on it), the shadows were too dark. I ended up taking three exposures, each 2 stops apart, then blending all three into one image, to hold detail in shadows and highlights.I think worked.
Thanks for looking.....when you see the shuttle whiz by, look for my foodies!
Dave
P.S. Sony A7RII with Sony/Zeiss 55mm f 1.8 Sonnar lens f13. I shot a whole series the week before with my new Fuji GFX 50R and 32-64mm lens, but the minimum focus was not suitable for closer shots like above, The photos were nice and sharp, but just not close enough. I have a renewed respect for food and product photographers!!! My hat is off to you!
P.S. AGAIN: I notice the colors are way off on this post. My Color Space is ProPhoto, which I probably should have changed for these down resed JPGs.
Thanks again
Dave

Attachments

pegelli

Thanks for looking.....when you see the shuttle whiz by, look for my foodies!
Dave
P.S. Sony A7RII with Sony/Zeiss 55mm f 1.8 Sonnar lens f13. I shot a whole series the week before with my new Fuji GFX 50R and 32-64mm lens, but the minimum focus was not suitable for closer shots like above, The photos were nice and sharp, but just not close enough. I have a renewed respect for food and product photographers!!! My hat is off to you!
P.S. AGAIN: I notice the colors are way off on this post. My Color Space is ProPhoto, which I probably should have changed for these down resed JPGs.
Thanks again
Dave
The colours indeed look weird and muted and it may be the colours or the sharpening but they look a bit too crunchy (oversharpened) to my eye at this size. But for an ad whizzing by on a van this might be just what they need (for sharpness, not colours). Even with these colours the food looks good :thumbup:

Something different, a photographer on the beach (these days everybody with a phone is a photographer)

A7 + Heliar 40/2.8

DLP

near Meiji Jingu, Shibuya, Tokyo
RX-1

Shibuya, Tokyo
RX-1

Shibuya, Tokyo
RX-1

Meiji Jingu Garden, Shibuya, Tokyo
a7ii + Loxia 50

Barry Haines

Taken from within the Great Barn at Buckland Abbey (1278 AD)... "Cracks of Light" + "Lattice Window" taken inside the Abbey
Voigtlander 110mm @ f/2.5 (Wide open).

Last edited:

dwood

throwback Thursday - made this with the original a7r 4 years ago with a Zeiss Distagon 21. you could probably still make some decent pictures with that ancient camera, huh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.