The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

My condolances Barry, and a beautiful photo as a special tribute to your mother!

Must probably be a mixed feeling of sadness and relief you have now. At least I had the same last September when my dad passed away after a difficult period with first vascular dementia to which Alzheimer was added in a later stage. For us (my brother, sister and I) it was a relief to see his suffering end, but we still miss him and talk about him a lot.

I wish you strength to deal with this loss and you'll be in my thoughts.
Thank you Pieter for the very kind words. My condolences to you also on the passing of your father last year...As you know first hand your feelings are of a complete mixture of sadness yet relief.
My father also passed away exactly 10 months to the day before my mother, he also had been suffering from dementia for last 8 years...We had an emergency call out in the early hours, where both Alison and myself tried to resuscitate him but sadly to no avail.
Anyway I saw these dried hydrangea flowers today sitting on a bench at Trelissick Country House, it just seemed appropiate with mothers day being tomorrow.

KenLee

My condolences also. I can sympathize as I lost both parents this year.

You've inspired me to try to make something to dedicate to each of them.

Barry Haines

My condolences also. I can sympathize as I lost both parents this year.

You've inspired me to try to make something to dedicate to each of them.

Thank you Ken, sorry to hear about your parents passing this year.

A jug of jolly daffodils to help brighten the day - Sony 85mm GM @ f/1.4

pegelli

Ken, pls. also accept my condolances with the passing of your parents. My mother passed away 4 years ago so it seems Barry, you and I are now all the "oldest generation". I must say I never realised that when my dad was still there, but now I find it a special and strange feeling.

About a week ago I took out one of his lenses to commemorate his passing and funeral half a year ago. He bought the lens in 1959 to use on his IIIf and M2 and later it allowed him to set the first steps in macro flower photography (with a Visoflex SLR attachment). I thought again using the lens for the same purpose was a good way to remember him.

both A7ii + Leica M-Elmarit 90/2.8 (M39)

AlanS

Condolances to all of you, it is indeed a time of mixed feelings. I myself lost my father to dementia 2 years ago this month, I am still frustrated that I couldn't say goodbye properly (he did not know who I was). Time does heal but only to a degree (My mother died 25years ago and it still hurts). I always think of the (many) good times we had, I tend not to dwell on the past and always look forward.

The Ute

Condolences Barry
I lost my Mother the same way years ago.
It is wonderful to see you offer a tribute to her memory.
Being remembered is all that any of us have as mortals.
If you are a person of faith (as I am) you can take comfort in knowing that you will be reunited someday.
I am sure your Parents would want you to keep sharing God's glory via your photos so please continue to do so.
Honoring the Lord and your Parents in that way will help ease the sorrow.

Barry Haines

Condolences Barry
I lost my Mother the same way years ago.
It is wonderful to see you offer a tribute to her memory.
Being remembered is all that any of us have as mortals.
If you are a person of faith (as I am) you can take comfort in knowing that you will be reunited someday.
I am sure your Parents would want you to keep sharing God's glory via your photos so please continue to do so.
Honoring the Lord and your Parents in that way will help ease the sorrow.

Thank you Michael, what a lovely thing to say...I'm obviously very sorry for your loss as well.
It's really hard to find quite the right words to know how to respond to everybodys kind caring comments.
So many others here have experienced the same with losing a parent or parents to dementia, I had absolutely no idea.
I have said it before but will say it again...That the people on this forum are caring, sharing and above all friendly and respectful to one another that it is an honour to be apart of.
Thank you Guys...Both Alison and myself really appreciate it.

Trelissick Estate - 85mm GM @ f/1.4

Thank you Michael, what a lovely thing to say...I'm obviously very sorry for your loss as well.
It's really hard to find quite the right words to know how to respond to everybodys kind caring comments.
So many others here have experienced the same with losing a parent or parents to dementia, I had absolutely no idea.
I have said it before but will say it again...That the people on this forum are caring, sharing and above all friendly and respectful to one another that it is an honour to be apart of.
Thank you Guys...Both Alison and myself really appreciate it.

Trelissick Estate - 85mm GM @ f/1.4

This image is itself a lovely memorial.

Kirk

DLP

Sunset on a hazzy day
RX-1, handled

Sunset on the top of Skytree, Tokyo
a7ii + Loxia 50 F2, handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.