The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelM

A quick one before the rain started down too heavy. A7rii with the great Batis 85. (ISO 200, 1/160, f3.5)

Joel

_DSC3342 copy.jpg

Shac

Nex6 and 18-55 kit lens. Smoke from BC forest fires spreading into NW Washington
Mt Shuksan on right, Cougar Divide in mid-ground

View NE from our camp

DLP

Passport photo of Shenzhen, at the top of Mt. Lotus, Guangdong, China
a7ii + Loxia 50, handheld panorama

Sunset, Shenzhen Bay, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
a7ii + LA EA4 + 24 ZA, pano with tripod

KeithDM

Saw these butterflies enjoying some Spanish sunshine in the hedge this afternoon. Wall-brown?
A7III, 50mm Zeiss Touit f2.8, hand-held.

Barry Haines

Is there a story to the name "The Pig - on the beach", Barry ?

Hi Bart, I would love to give you an amusing story of how the place came by it's name today...but the sad truth is what was once affectionately known (by us at least) as the Studland Manor House Hotel is now part of a small chain of boutique (PIG) Hotels...
THE PIG New Forest, Hampshire
THE PIG-in the wall Historic Southampton, Hampshire
THE PIG-near Bath The Mendip Hills, Somerset
THE PIG-on the beach Studland, Dorset
THE PIG-at Combe Otter Valley, Devon
THE PIG-at Bridge Place Garden of England, Kent
Alison and myself decided to re-visit just out of curiosity for a spot of light lunch...We had stayed here previously many times before way back in the 80's, as a relaxed quiet getaway retreat from the daily pressures of work.
The food and service were just fine (although it was busy and hectic), yet the soul seemed to have gone right out of place with it's modern day make over!
I guess we have just grown old and still have a longing for the way things used to be.

A couple of more pigs...

Last edited:

pegelli

We had a beautiful rainbow last week.

A7ii + Voigtländer APO Lanthar 65/2 macro

After taking the photo I immediately ran out to that tree to get the pot of gold that you can find at the bottom of every rainbow, but someone else must have gotten there before me, because it was gone when I arrived :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.