The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

I wanted to show these two images together...(Both Voigtlander 50mm Nokton f/1.2 E mount)
A commemorative statue in Brixham's busy harbour for the fishermen who lost their lives at sea..."Man and Boy" (Selenium Toned)
+ Rio's Fish and Chip Shop - Brixham

pegelli

The Antwerp Tower used to be an office skyscraper near the central station that was built in the early 70's and didn't anymore meet the requirements that are put on modern offices these days. Energy consumption of the building was huge and it got the questionable honour to feature in the "top 20" of ugliest buildings in Europe :loco:

At this moment it's being fully renovated, which consists of a complete stripping, extending the floors with ~3 meter on all sides and adding 4 stories on top. The new use will be luxury appartments and penthouses. It's supposed to be finished late 2020/early 2021.

Last Sunday it was "Open Construction Site Day" in Belgium so I subscribed to a visit of this tower. There were elevators up to the 10th floor (about half way up) where you could roam around and enjoy the views over the city. Unfortunately no other floors could be visited (especially the higher ones would have given even better views).

Unfortunately it was quite hazy, but here's some impressions:

1: Looking west over the old city

LR stitch of 3 handheld landscape shots

2: Looking down on the Teniersplaats

3: Room with a view (to the north)

4: Also looking to the north

5: Keyserlei and the railway station

6: Looking down on the Keyserlei - Van Ertbornstreet - Quellinstreet Crossing

7: The Kipdorpbrug crossing is still under construction (as well as an archeological site)

8: Looking down on the new Opera metro station (and the Teniersplaats)

9: They still have some work on the flooring

10: The outside of the tower, you can see how far they got adding the extensions as well as where the elevators brought the visitors

All except #4: A7 + 24-70/4 CZ, 4: A7ii + OM Zuiko 135/2.8

scho

Spring emergents. This plant explodes out of the ground and starts flowering soon after every year during the last two weeks of May. We did not plant it and I don't know what it is. Nice leaf texture and strange looking blossoms. First is with the Contax 24-85 and second with the Contax 100 Makro, both on the Sony A7II with Fringer CN-SE AF adapter.

pegelli

All around Antwerp there are pre WW1 forts to protect the city from invaders. Inbetween the forts lay smaller entrenchments and one is very close to where I live. The Germans attacked it in 1914 and when the Belgian forces could't hold it they blew it up. But the ruins are still there and even partly accessible.

Two "light artists" were invited by the city to organise a light spectacle in/around the ruins one weekend and I went to take a look.

I've visited the entrenchment many times, but going there at night for something like this was quite special.

Here's some impressions:

1: Main hall with a light sculpture

2: Same sculpture, as seen from the room behind

3: Back wall, lighted by the sculpture

4: Light projections on the outside

5: Fire in the hole

6: Light demo and a videographer 1

7: Light demo and a videographer 2

1, 2, 3: A7 + FE 28/2
4, 6, 7: A7 + FE 55/1.8
5: A7ii + OM Zuiko 135/2.8

Status