The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

I went to a local park in the next town and visited an art installation by Marc De Roover that he built in 1998. Part of the installation (or project) is to show how the installation is slowly decaying as time progresses. It originally consisted of 16 spiral shaped towers built from recup wood, put in a big circle on a grass field. Most of them have fallen over and pieces are breaking off but one or two are still standing.

They mow the grass a few times per year, but it was quite long today so the fallen over towers looked like giant hedgehogs crawling through the grass. I wonder how long they will let the process continue, but I hope it will stay there a bit longer. For the Dutch speakers there's some additional clues in the last image.

1: Two fallen over, but ons still standing after 21 years

2: More fallen spirals

3: Livened up with some daisies

4: Core decay

5: Explanation (with a fallen tower in the background)

All A7ii + Super Takumar 150/4 (M42)

Barry Haines

Hi Barry,

Very good.

What's the significance of that terrain?

- Leigh
Many thanks Leigh and apologies for not getting back sooner.
The terrain across Dartmoor can be a bit hard going in places (It rains a lot here and the bogs can be treacherous)...These old tracks make life a lot easier hiking from one side to another, as roads are a bit scarce in these more remoter areas of Dartmoor.
This particular track (Edward's Path with it's rain puddles) I beleive was mostly made good by Steven Spielberg when he was filming "War Horse" in an abandoned farm (Ditsworthy Warren House) about half a mile away at the end of this track https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568911/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_9
As you can see from image below and the contours on the OS map, that the ground s anything but level https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/50.479156,-3.996994,15/pin

Chris C

Ropes and Oil Drums II - Sony 85mm GM.......
Barry – that's more like it; you've brought me back to the game of guessing which Cornish harbour wall you've photographed. I'll go out on a wobbly limb here and say :

I name that Cornish harbour wall as Newlyn!............ [applause applause applause?].

.............. Chris

Barry Haines

Barry – that's more like it; you've brought me back to the game of guessing which Cornish harbour wall you've photographed. I'll go out on a wobbly limb here and say :

I name that Cornish harbour wall as Newlyn!............ [applause applause applause?].

.............. Chris
Thank you Chris :)

Congrats...Your wobbly limb didn't let you down ;) :thumbup:
But then on the other hand I had tagged that image "Newlyn Harbour" on Flickr :ROTFL:

Sea Rock - 21mm Distagon
Millendreath Tidal Pool - 21mm Distagon

Status
Not open for further replies.