The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our spring trip to Portugal and Spain provided memories that will last a lifetime. I have shared folios for both Portugal and Norther Spain here recently and this is the final installment if you will -- Flysch.

Flysch is a sedimentary rock formed by the alternate deposition of thin layers of silt and sandstone, found near shorelines that were rapidly experiencing changes in sea level. They are formed from deepwater deposits along the continental shelf when the area undergoes large structural deformation due to interaction between European tectonic plates some 50 to 100 millions ago. At some point, structural deformation of colliding tectonic plates tilts the sedimentary beds to near vertical. Over time, the less resistant layers weather out more quickly creating long parallel grooves in the rock.

Here is a link to the Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22035415@N08/albums/72157709925725627

Thanks for looking.

Playa de Buelna by Patrick Kolb, on Flickr

scho

Day lilies are blossoming now and we went to a country farm where the lady of the house cultivates exotic day lilies. All with the RX100M6.

Barry Haines

You really have been doing the rounds of National Trust properties! One I discovered in the area earlier this year is Newark Park - well worth a visit.
Thank you Keith...also thanks for the heads up Re: NT Newark Park https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/newark-park
Next time I'm in the Cotswold's area, I shall pay it a visit...It had better be good :grin:
Cheers Barry

Day lilies are blossoming now and we went to a country farm where the lady of the house cultivates exotic day lilies. All with the RX100M6.

Carl, really excellent work with that RX100 mk6 camera of yours (I purchased for Alison the Mk2 after Tim Ashley gave it the heads up about 4 years ago, she loves that camera)
BTW I keep wanting to swat that fly off of my screen it looks so real :salute:

Pulteney Weir at Bath 21mm Distagon @ f/8

Last edited:

KeithDM

Trying out my 60mm Macro Elmarit-R plus Macro Adapter on A7III.
1)Remains of a tiny (5mm dia) shell fossil. Hand-held, ISO 12800.
2) Hi-key clamp.

FossilShell.jpg

Hi-KeyClamp2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.