The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Castle Middachten, De Steeg (near Arnhem) in the Netherlands

A7ii + Leica Elmarit 90/2.8, pano of 5 handheld vertical shots, stitched in LR

Barry Haines

Homage to William Henry Fox Talbot

Firefoot the Rocking Horse at Lacock Abbey (BLENCOMO colour with platinum toned monochrome)...please see original https://talbot.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/search/image/view/?image_id=afc03d78-6d11-44bb-8f86-eadfc9ee47d8
and https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/9664-fun-sony-cameras-415.html#post793356
+
Sphinx on double columns at Lacock Abbey (2019)...please see original (1840) https://talbot.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/search/image/view/?image_id=5375ae4b-b645-45d6-8e25-5590896ee3eb

Last edited:

KeithDM

Another close-up (ancient 10mm diameter 12V bulb). 60mm Macro Elmarit-R plus Macro Adapter on A7III. Hand-held, ISO 8000.

12V_Bulb.jpg

scho

Another outing with the tiny RX100M6. Experimenting with AF settings and shot all of these in CF mode with lock-on center. Better hit rate compared to single AF center.

KeithDM

Small delights at Westonbirt Arboretum today. Hydrangea duo & intriguingly named Bladder Nuts (Staphylea pinnata) . A6500, ZA 16-70mm f4.

HydrangeaDuo.jpg

BladderNuts.jpg

pegelli

Great image, beautifully stitched together.
Thanks, when I do handheld panos (didn't have a tripod with me) I take plenty of overlap between the shots (~1/2 frame or even more) and I found that LR does a good job then, with too little overlap (< 1/3 frame) you start running the risk of seeing strange artifacts and stitching errors.

KeithDM

My wife pointed out that a pair of wood pigeons had nested in our spindly crab-apple tree, so I just went out to have a look. Very surprisingly, yes they have - presumably (given the time of year) raising a second brood. Am even more surprised that it is only now that we have realised they have nested there! A7III, FE 70-20 f4 G.

WoodieOnNest1.jpg

pegelli

Another experiment from Middachten, a vertical pano of 4 handheld landscape oriented shots, stitched in LR.

A7 + Leica Summaron 35/2.8

I was travelling with only two lenses (35 & 90 mm) which is great for my back, especially during this extremely warm day (~38 deg C)

So if your lens isn't wide enough just stitch, and if it's not long enough crop, allthough the latter will deteriorate IQ at some point.

k-hawinkler

Another experiment from Middachten, a vertical pano of 4 handheld landscape oriented shots, stitched in LR.

A7 + Leica Summaron 35/2.8

I was travelling with only two lenses (35 & 90 mm) which is great for my back, especially during this extremely warm day (~38 deg C)

So if your lens isn't wide enough just stitch, and if it's not long enough crop, allthough the latter will deteriorate IQ at some point.
Thanks Pieter. Where do you have the focus point and why? :facesmack:

pegelli

Thanks Pieter. Where do you have the focus point and why? :facesmack:
I think for all four shots I focussed somewhere halfway in the patch waterlilies near the castle and used f8 or f11 for a large dof. If I look at my individual images everything from the nearest waterlily to the building is pin-sharp. Only the trees in the far background might be a tad soft, but you can still see individual leaves and branches. If there would have been less light I probably should have used a larger aperture and a tripod, so I could refocus every shot, but fortunately there was enough light and my exposure was somewhere near the "sunny 16" rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.