The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Late September I visited Liege (Luik) in Belgium. One of the highlights was a visit to the Église Saint-Jacques, partly restored but already very beautiful. Especially the ceilings were impressive.

1: Main aisle

2: The organ

3: Side altar

4: Statue of Saint-Hubert

5: Over the main altar

6: Zoomed in over the main altar

7: Tabernackle and the stairs to be able to reach it

8: Ceiling over the main aisle

9: St-Mary sitting at God's right hand

10: Ceiling in the exit portal

All A7ii + FE24-70/4 CZ

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I think I saw similar photo you posted in Fun with MF..., you are making me go from here to there ! Both superb.
Thank you very much for your kind words! I really appreciate them.
During this fall trip, I mainly used the Sony A7R IV. I also used the Phase One but only on tripods.
The A7R IV is such a superb camera even with the Zeiss lenses. It's a perfect traveling camera for me when I want to go light.

Pramote

pegelli

A second highlight of my visit to Liege after Église Saint-Jacques (see post #21042 above) was Gare de Guillemins, a hyper modern railway station designed by the famous Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.

Here's an impression:

1: Looking under the gigantic canopy from the square in front of the station

2: From the other (back) side

3: Overview

4: From one of the bridges connecting the platforms

5: Taking the escalator down

6: The tunnel connecting the platforms

7: As with any station, some people running around, some others waiting

1, 7: A6000 + E10-18/4
2-6: A7ii + Voigtländer Ultra Wide Heliar 12/5.6

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Paradise Divide, CO at 11, 250 ft
Sony A7R IV/Zeiss 24-70mm f/4
Horizontal stitches

This was my 3rd attempt in 7 years trying to visit this place.
1st attempt - Road block with snow without a warning "Road Closed" sign!!! I had to turn a steering wheel uncountable times to get a car back on a very narrow road with steep cliff on one side. It was the scariest experience in my life! I've never told my wife about this incident!!!
2nd attempt - Better situation. The road was closed due to snow.
Both trips were in June-July.
Be warned for a fainted heart, it is noted as an easy drive by 4x4 Explorer.com. I guess it's easy if the road is in perfect condition, if there is no car passing you by, if you don't have heart condition etc.
It's a hair raising drive to reach this location but well worth it.
Being able to visit the place this time was very special to me. But I have to go back again at least once to get the reflection of the mountains on the water at sunrise.

Pramote
https://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/

Last edited:

rayyan

Superb photographs being posted.

Promote, pegelli, Barry, Shac, KH to name a few...

I have to keep reminding myself that it the eyes and mind behind the Sony that is
Delivering this quality.

Bravo! to you all, and thank you. :clap:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Superb photographs being posted.

Promote, pegelli, Barry, Shac, KH to name a few...

I have to keep reminding myself that it the eyes and mind behind the Sony that is
Delivering this quality.

Bravo! to you all, and thank you. :clap:
Rayyan,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I truly appreciate them.
I also would like to thank friends here who share their superb pictures and stories.
I've truly enjoyed this forum long before I started posting.

Best Regards,

Pramote

Last edited:

AlanS

Hi Pramote, my you are really on a roll both here and in the medium format thread! Well done mate, excellent work! :thumbs:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Pramote, my you are really on a roll both here and in the medium format thread! Well done mate, excellent work! :thumbs:
Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for your kind! I really appreciate it.
I used the Sony A7R IV with only 2 lenses, 24-70 f/4 and 70-200 f/4 about 90% of the time during this trip to Southwest CO. I used them mainly handheld. They were on my passenger seat. When I got potential pictures, I would use both the Sony and Phase One with tripods.
I've had Sony A7R II for many years but rarely used it, not because of its image quality which is amazing. I just didn't like it. I skipped the A7R III upgrade and planned to sell all Sony gears.
I ordered the A7R IV at B&H on the day of its announcement but cancelled the order few days later. B&H messed up and sent it to me any way. After I tried it for few days, I love it!
The Sony A7R will be my main 35mm camera system in many years to come. I think Sony've got it right this time (at least for me). There are lots of features I like and the grip and handling are great.
I am so happy. Finally, I've found the 35mm digital camera I love.

Sorry for the long massage.

Best
Pramote

pegelli

A peaceful misty morning on the Utrechtse Heuvelrug (Netherlands)

A7 + OM Zuiko 24/2.8, LR stitch of 2 landscape oriented images

Status
Not open for further replies.