The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjbelle

Recently let go of my 2 small Voigtlander lenses (12mm and 15mm E mount) for the Sigma ART 14-24mm DN DG...I'm also happy with that decision :) :thumbup:
The 65 Voigtlander is stunning. Not even slightly heavy to me especially coming from the Fuji GFX lenses which can be heavy. I receive the 110 Voigtlander today which will be a great focal length for me as I shoot mostly standard to slightly long lenses.

Cheers.....

Victor

The Ute

I am very intrigued by the new Tamron primes
Extremely light weight and inexpensive as well as the promise of excellent image quality
Particularly curious about the 20mm as I have the Tokina and may look to replace that with the Tamron
I have the 28-75 Tamron and find it produces 90% of the image quality of the much heavier and more expensive 24-70 GM for about 1/3 of the price
If you are looking for ultimate image quality w/o any compromise you will have to spend a lot and be willing to to put up w weight
Of course coming from MF that may not bother you in the slightest :cool:

Last edited:

ggibson

I shot my Tamron 17-28/2.8 at an event alongside the 55/1.8 and Batis 85, and it was a great focal range complement to the two primes. I didn't need the wide angle all that much, so it was nice to have something small and flexible like this. Previously I was using the Voigtlander 15mm and 28/2 for these focal lengths, but the 17-28/2.8 is basically equivalent in size to the pair but with f2.8, the benefits of a zoom, and better image quality to boot. Tamron really made a smart set of compromises in this lens design.

The event was on the 61st floor of the Salesforce Tower in SF, here's a shot from the ground :)

Salesforce Tower by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow Pramote, we are are just getting our first light frost of the winter!
Hi Alan,

It's unusual this year.
It's beautiful to watch but it's a little bit too cold to be outside.
Fortunately, we have 300 sunny days a year (more than Miami Beach) so the snow usually melts very fast.

Best

Pramote

Shac

From today's hike (6500+18-135)
Getting cold enough for ice to form on the small forest ponds

This is a closeup of the spot of light passing through the ice to a fallen branch below (the ice is covered in conifer needles)

Status
Not open for further replies.