The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ute

Just took my new Tamron 24mm f2.8 out for a quick spin
It is very small and light (which I love)
The first photo is at f11 and the 2nd at 2.8
It appears to be sharp throughout the frame w a nice smooth bokeh
If you want larger views just click on either image
I will probably be taking it out for more extensive testing later today and will post if I do
My initial impression it that it's a winner especially at it's price point :)
By the way this is mostly straight out of the camera with minimal sharpening applied

Attachments

Barry Haines

Great Barry:thumbup: Love the look of the 135mm lens. Mine arrives this morning and fingers crossed for perfect symmetry. I'll know very quickly.

Cheers.....

Victor
Thank you Victor....Hope all goes well with the arrival of your 135mm lens this morning (+ that you end up with a well corrected example :) ).

I assume that you went with the GM rather than the ART in the end....either way both are great lenses...I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine :)

Look forward to seeing your images later on.

Cheers Barry

vjbelle

Thank you Victor....Hope all goes well with the arrival of your 135mm lens this morning (+ that you end up with a well corrected example :) ).

I assume that you went with the GM rather than the ART in the end....either way both are great lenses...I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine :)

Look forward to seeing your images later on.

Cheers Barry

Yes, Barry..... I did order the GM. I've just checked the corners at f1.8 with my usual decentering test and they are extremely sharp through the EVF. This is extremely encouraging and I expect the lens to perform flawlessly with my standard test shots. This may have to wait until the weather clears up a little.

Although I haven't mentioned it in the past my real enthusiasm for this camera is for use on my Actus. Given the image circles of my Digitar lenses and the Rody 90 I can easily shift 20mm and still remain inside the very sweet spot of those lenses given the size of the sensor. I can make a 16X9 image with the camera in portrait position which consists of 5 very quick shots (20mm L&R with each shot at 10mm steps) and this makes a 160MP+ image. I have lots of room for rise giving me nice straight lines. Granted I don't have the ability to isolate with those lenses like I can with the Sigma/Sony lenses but they aren’t designed for that. This is all very exciting as I can travel with the Actus and maybe three lenses and the Sony with maybe three lenses and have the best of all worlds. I've been waiting a long time for this. My Phase 4150 is already starting to get lonely...

Will post back when further test shots are taken....

Cheers....

Victor

Shac

A6500+18-135. Some images incl. panos from backpack trips this summer
We camped on this ridge - weather was "interesting"

Camped next to the lake at right of centre

Burn was in 2017

Couple of sunsets

tofa

Grandkids, retirement, selling a house and buying another - all getting the way of visiting and posting - back in a regular way soon, I hope.
In the meantime, Ireland.

Scratches on the windows date from the 19th century - click and choose a large size if you want to read the text:

I’m pretty sure the inhabitants in Ireland from -4000 to -1000 bc saw rocks differently than we do - they moved each one, sometimes, hundred of miles to build their rings and dolmens.
They missed this one - the sleeping rabbit in the Burren:

And the old man in the Burren:

vjbelle

Every other day routine.... I actually look forward to shaving as I've made it into an enjoyable experience.

Sony R7M4, Sony 135mm @ f1.8.

cheers......

Victor

Attachments

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Barry,

I had a day trip to Weymouth a few months ago but the weather was not conducive to building sandcastles so I hopped on the No 1 bus and did
a non-stop circular tour of the Isle of Portland (not as far as the lighthouse tho') and grabbed this quick shot on the way back to Weymouth
of Chesil Beach which stretches for 18 miles into the sea mist.

I processed it to look like an old handed-tinted pic.

I found Portland a rather strange place for some reason, perhaps the gloomy weather, and may return next year to have a further look.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.