The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Hi Barry,

I had a day trip to Weymouth a few months ago but the weather was not conducive to building sandcastles so I hopped on the No 1 bus and did
a non-stop circular tour of the Isle of Portland (not as far as the lighthouse tho') and grabbed this quick shot on the way back to Weymouth
of Chesil Beach which stretches for 18 miles into the sea mist.

I processed it to look like an old handed-tinted pic.

I found Portland a rather strange place for some reason, perhaps the gloomy weather, and may return next year to have a further look.
Hi Gandolfi, I spent about 5 days in Weymouth earlier this year, traveling mostly by car and boat around Portland Bill and Chesil Beach area.
Traveling by bus as opposed to driving a car allows you to have a good look around without having to concentrate on the road ahead of you.
I couldn't agree more, it is a strange place! - I'm sure there are pictures to be had but I sadly came back home pretty much empty handed :(

I like your image, it does look a bit like an old post card with of course your own unique PP interpretation applied ;) :thumbup:
Just checking out some old postcards from around that scenic view point to see how things have changed over the years.
http://www.oldpicturepostcard.co.uk/oldimages/portland.htm

Returned to Godolphin today with the A7R4 + GM 85mm @ f1.4

Gates to Godolphin and The Milking Shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.