The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjbelle

Don't see any examples of using a Sony with a technical camera so thought I would post an example. I visited Beal street which is one of the tourist attractions for Memphis. This is one of the numerous colorful store/bar fronts.

Cross posted in Medium Format Forum - Technical Camera Images

Actus, 72mm Digitar @f9, Sony A7R4, 10mm Rise.

Cheers....

Victor

Attachments

Last edited:

vjbelle

I want to show another example of the wonderful Sony on a technical camera. Double movements used for this image. Another Beal Street store/bar front.....

Actus, Schneider 72mm Digitar @f9, 10mm rise, 7mm shift LR for a 2 shot 1X1 image.

Cross posted in Medium Format forum - Technical Camera Images.

Cheers.....

Victor

Attachments

pegelli

Good stuff Victor :thumbup:

Can you share some pictures of your setup here? I'd be very interested how it all looks when it's put together.

Here's an oldie from me (just a simple DSLR + lens :eek:)

Horse and buggy spectacle on the beach in Knokke

A700 + Minolta 200/2.8 HS APO G

vjbelle

Hi Pieter.....

Here are some images of my Sony/Actus setup. The camera mount does rotate easily so portrait position is accomplished in a couple of seconds. I have mounts for my Fuji 50s and also for my Phase 4150 so it's easy to switch cameras in the field.

I can use six of my LF lenses (60mm Digitar, 72mm Digitar, 90mm Rody, 100mm Digitar, 120mm Digitar Asph, 150mm Digitar). The widest lens that could be used on the Sony is probably the 50mm Rody and still have movements. Infinity can’t be reached with other LF lenses wider than that. I have a Schneider 180mm lens but the short rail doesn’t have enough length for infinity so I would have to use my longer rail.

The whole setup is very light and easy to carry. The Sony, Actus and 60mm Digitar weigh 5.75 lbs and the 60mm Digitar is one of the heavier lenses. I can carry the camera and 5 lenses of choice and my backpack will weigh less than 14 lbs.

I’ve included an image of my travel stabilizer that I put together with parts I had laying around. The camera mounted to the stabilizer sits on the back seat and it just doesn’t move.

Hope this helps…..

Cheers,

Victor

Attachments

Barry Haines

Voigtlander E Mount Lenses - Size Comparison
Left to Right... 21mm f/1.4 Nokton, 40mm f/1.2 Nokton, 50mm f/1.2 Nokton, 50mm f/2.0 Apo-Lanthar, 65mm f/2.0 Apo-Lanthar & 110mm f/2.5 Apo-Lanthar.

scho

A walk near Buttermilk Falls with the RX100M6. Falls are frozen and anchor ice is starting to build up with sustained air temps below freezing now.

Ferns and lichens still look healthy.

Are you lookin' at me?

Barry Haines

A visit today to my local church in Bodmin..."Saint Petrocs" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Petroc's_Church,_Bodmin

"The early history of the monastic community of Bodmin is obscure; however the name "Bodmin" derives from the Cornish for "house of the monks" so the use of this name must have followed the establishment of the monastery. According to tradition, after founding a monastery at Padstow, Saint Petroc founded another monastery in Bodmin in the 6th century and gave the town its alternative name of Petrockstow."

The 3rd image is a 12th Century Baptismal Font...All taken in low light (Handheld at either 1/15th or 1/20th sec) with the 50mm Apo-Lanthar @ f/2.0

Last edited:

B L

A visit today to my local church in Bodmin..."Saint Petrocs" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Petroc's_Church,_Bodmin

"The early history of the monastic community of Bodmin is obscure; however the name "Bodmin" derives from the Cornish for "house of the monks" so the use of this name must have followed the establishment of the monastery. According to tradition, after founding a monastery at Padstow, Saint Petroc founded another monastery in Bodmin in the 6th century and gave the town its alternative name of Petrockstow."

The 3rd image is a 12th Century Baptismal Font...All taken in low light (Handheld at either 1/15th or 1/20th sec) with the 50mm Apo-Lanthar @ f/2.0
Hi Barry, I think this lens is a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.