The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I like the soft dreamy effect. Very nicely done
Dave in NJ
Thanks, Dave.

I put my little 1 inch files through Nik ColEfex, and usually thrash them to within an inch of their lives:shocked:

I'm from Jersey too, but the original (and still the best), Jersey in the Channel Islands. I was there from '45 to '64.

All the best.

pegelli

I made another bicycle ride to the redoubt of Schilde

Main hall, note the big cracks in the ceiling from the time they tried to blow up the whole structure in 1914, part of it was indeed destroyed, but this part is still standing more than 100 years later.

A7Rii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 16/2.8 Fish-Eye

Cellar behind the main hall

A7ii + MC Rokkor-W 17/4

pegelli

This ceiling is in a bit better state than the two above, it's in one of the side chapels of the Carolus Borromeus Church in Antwerp

NEX6 + E30/3.5 macro

Barry Haines

Thanks K-H...It is weird as you say...that was the appeal of the image to me :)

If you rotate the image 180 deg's it makes much more sense.
The people are the reality and the building is the actual reflection in a large rain puddle...I waited for the people to be in the right position and the breeze to drop so the puddles reflection was like a mirror....The second puddle with the reflection of just half the people I thought made it a little more interesting and confusing.

Hope that explains it....Cheers Barry

gandolfi

Subscriber Member

The people are the reality and the building is the actual reflection in a large rain puddle...I waited for the people to be in the right position and the breeze to drop so the puddles reflection was like a mirror....The second puddle with the reflection of just half the people I thought made it a little more interesting and confusing.

Yeah, I had to do a handstand to understand that pic. Nice one, Barry.

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Thank you Barry for the explanation . Now I can cancel the date with the psychiatrist again .
I though I was going nuts . :banghead::banghead::banghead:

k-hawinkler

Thanks Barry. It sure does explain it.
That thought/explanation actually occurred to me.
However, when I looked at the full image of the building I had a hard time seeing it as an reflection. Just such incredible detail.

Well, congratulations to the photographer/artist and his superb utilization of his tools for that imaginative creative opportunity. WOW! :thumbs: :clap: :salute:

Barry Haines

Thank you Gandolfi, Jürgen and K-H...it's nice to know that I had you all scratching your head with that one ;)
Cheers Barry

Light + Light and Shadow...A7R4 + 50mm AL

pegelli

Derelict door and a window with no glass left in it. In the "ghost town" of Doel, Belgium.

A850 + Min 85/1.4 RS G

pegelli

And in contrast, something old but very well kept

Castle Middachten, near Arnhem, Netherlands

A7 + M-Summaron 35/2.8

gurtch

Sony A7RII, 16-35mm Sony Zeiss lens at 16mm. ISO 400, f13. Camera hand held with monopod, three shot HDR. Aspect ratio changed to 4:3 by cloning top. Gull added PP. Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ
D798 framed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.