The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Trying out some older lenses with the A7RII. The Samyang 35/2.8 in low light at ISO 6400 handheld snap. Cleaned up nicely with Topaz A.I. Denoise.

scho

Another shot with the humble little Samyang 35/2.8 on the A7RII. The Samyang AF lenses, including the 18, 24, 35, and 45 mm are inexpensive and compact lenses for travel if you want to use primes, but don't want the bulk and weight of the faster large primes.

pegelli

As some of you know (or have experienced) there was a big storm (Ciara) passing North-West Europe last sunday. High winds combined with torrential rain. Most fire brigades have been very busy, mainly freeing roads of fallen trees, temporary repairs of roofs and pumping out flooded cellars. Today was much more quiet with most damage taken care of so time to stock up supplies and clean the fire engines and tools.

Here's some shots from the fire station in our town, unfortunately the real heroes didn't want to pose for the picture, so it's equipment only :banghead:

Firestation

Cleaned and restocked (except the chainsaws, which go in the lower right compartment)

Break-in tools

Connectors and hoses

All A7ii + MD Rokkor-X 45/2

scho

I've been quite impressed by the performance and construction of the tiny, compact Samyang AF lenses and purchased two more (18 and 45). I can fit all four of my tiny lenses (with caps and lens hoods reversed in their little clamshell cases) in the Peak Design everyday sling (5L) along with the Sony A7RII, extra batteries, strap, and cables for a compact and light weight kit. Here is the kit with 24 and 35 down below the dividers on the sides with the 18 and 45 visible on top. I had to push back the top flap for the iPhone snap, but closed easily with no bulging.

A few snaps with the new 45/1.8 on the A7RII down near the farmers market at the waterfront. A lot of construction just started for a massive re-development of the area with new harbor.

Just adding one quick snap with the Samyang 18/2.8 AF on the A7RII. My wife was catching up on the news from Germany on SCOLA.

Last edited:

scho

One more shot from the Samy 45/1.8 of a very large poplar tree from a distance of about 4-5 feet at f/8 ISO 100. Click for full size.

Note that all of these lenses have profiles available in Lightroom. I also have the Samyang Lens Station that allows lens focus adjustments (not attempted or needed yet) and firmware updating. I did update firmware for the 24, 35, and 45 lenses. Works very well.

scho

One more from the winter market series, A7RII/Samyang 45/1.8. Crop to remove shopper that walked in front of me, focus on bread.

pegelli

To the west of the city of Rotterdam, a power plant and container terminal on the Maasvlakte

A6000 + E55-210

Status
Not open for further replies.