The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Lovely punchy pictures Carl, without being crunchy. I especially like the bath house but all have their charm.

Seems that little Samyang 18/2.8 is working well for you, are you happy with it?

scho

Lovely punchy pictures Carl, without being crunchy. I especially like the bath house but all have their charm.

Seems that little Samyang 18/2.8 is working well for you, are you happy with it?
Yes, very pleased with the little 18/2.8 and also the 45/1.8. Very light weight and good performance for reasonable price.

D

Deleted member 7792

Last two (from the house), plus one looking west in late afternoon lightshow......
Beautiful photos of an idyllic setting. The changing sky must have been mesmerizing to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

scho

More from the A7RII and Samyang 18/2.8 shot today at the local marina.

Ice is out in the marina

Boats that were overwintering in the marina parking lot.

Solar power supply for the park office.

Larch loaded with cones.

pegelli

Picknick table along the road in Iceland:

They really felt proud about this extremely important and strategic investment in the Icelandic economy :ROTFL:

Both NEX6 + E18-55 kit

KeithDM

My A7III has been sulking on the shelf for the last month or so, since the arrival of an M10M. Spotting that tiny blossoms were forming on our crab-apple tree seemed a good time to dust it off, attach a 50mm Touit f2.8 and take some close-up (colour!) photos. :)
This minuscule visitor caught my eye.

CrabAppleVisitorFramed.jpg

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I've located the local Coronavirus hotspot. Just a mile from where I live, at a viewpoint overlooking Bath.

Still, no need to panic, I take comfort from messages from a world leader.

"We have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better."

"It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

(Clue: rhymes with Slump).

Attachments

scho

In the midst of all of this bad Karma, we need to restore some sense of balance. Here is a simple landscape with 2 trees and 2 benches, plus some calming prose from Kahlil Gibran in front of the first bench. Sony A7RII Samyang 18/2.8

Someone working inside the boathouse shop took note of the prophet's message ;)

pegelli

Yesterday I visited what is locally known as "the ugliest bridge in the Netherlands"

Well, the story is slightly more complicated. This bridge was in the final three of "the ugliest spot in the Netherlands" but didn't win this competition. However the winner and the other finalist were not bridges, so theoretically you could give it the honours of "the ugliest bridge in the Netherlands" :clap:

It's the "Nelson Mandela Bridge" connecting the north and south parts of Zoetermeer (close to The Hague) in the Netherlands. It spans a tram line, a highway and a train line and the tram and train stations are an integral part of the bridge. And it's only for pedestrians, cyclists and mopeds, cars can't get on (only a lift and escalators) and motorcycles are not allowed.

#1 Outside view (from the tram station platform, you can see the highway and the train station)

2: Escalators and lift on the north side (the building around it is not part of the bridge)

3: Lift on the south side

4: On the bridge deck looking south, walkers left, bicycles and mopeds right

5: The part over the highway

6: Mirrored arches in the stainless ridge between the walkers and the cyclists (wide view)

7: Lift at the end of the bridge, the escalators are on both sides next to this narrower deck

8: More mirrored arches (narrower view)

1, 3 & 4: A7ii + Tamron Adaptel 80-210/3.8-4
5 & 6: A7ii + Ultra Wide Heliar 12/5.6
2, 7 & 8: A7Rii + FE24-70/4 CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.