The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
An old local brewery being renovated and converted to appartments

NEX5 + M-Elmar 90/4 (M39)

That old brewery might very soon look similar to this old brewery .

On the left you see the old brewery house , now luxery appertements , and on the right you can see the old cold storage , now hosting two restaurants . The old buildings are surrounded by modern "concrete" architecture .
Image is not a SONY FF image , but is used to demonstrate , how today old buildings are converted .

Attachments

pegelli

That old brewery might very soon look similar to this old brewery .

On the left you see the old brewery house , now luxery appertements , and on the right you can see the old cold storage , now hosting two restaurants . The old buildings are surrounded by modern "concrete" architecture .
Thanks Jürgen, it's an older photo of mine (Jan 2012) so the renovation is finished and our son lives in the complex now. They did a good job, only difference with the brewery you showed is that they left all the outside walls just red brick (like the original brewery). I very much like these renovation/reuse projects, they keep a lot more atmosphere in the small towns than when they would knock everything down and just build new.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Like that one. Reminds me of the surreal time when travelling in the summertime by car from St Malo to Mont St Michel in Normandy when on rounding a corner a man on skis with ski poles came skiing down the road between fields of cabbages. Remember it so well 'cause Mozart's Horn Concerto was playing on in car cassette tape. Cheers.

Barry Haines

Many thanks Guys...I was just taking some time out, then lock-down came into force...nothing untoward...Thank you for the PM's also.

Re: K-H, I have just sent him a PM, as I see he hasn't posted in a couple of weeks here
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/68260-fun-olympus-em1-3-a.html#post815790

I also just checked FM for his last post, as he is normally pretty active over there
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/385342/7#15178928

Hoping he is likewise OK

Everbody take care

Cheers Barry

D

Deleted member 7792

Good to see you back, Barry. You've been missed. I'll check in with Karl-Heinz. I have his email but haven't heard from him since last November.

Joe

Shac

Barry (good to see you are OK) and Joe - I've emailed Karl-Heinz about a week ago, but had no reply. Hope you are able to find out more

pegelli

Paid another visit to the redoubt of Schilde yesterday

Frontal view

Main hall

Partly collapsed hallway

Ammunition storage bunker

All A7Rii + Voigtländer Nokton 35/1.2 II

D

Deleted member 7792

Good to see you back Barry, now only KH is MIA. Any news from him?
Many thanks Guys...I was just taking some time out, then lock-down came into force...nothing untoward...Thank you for the PM's also.

Re: K-H, I have just sent him a PM, as I see he hasn't posted in a couple of weeks here
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/68260-fun-olympus-em1-3-a.html#post815790

I also just checked FM for his last post, as he is normally pretty active over there
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/385342/7#15178928

Hoping he is likewise OK

Everbody take care

Cheers Barry
Barry (good to see you are OK) and Joe - I've emailed Karl-Heinz about a week ago, but had no reply. Hope you are able to find out more
I just heard from Karl-Heinz:
Many thanks Joe.

So far so good.
Staying isolated and safe.
I trust you and your family are doing the same.
Good luck to you all.
Two days after Easter having had my 72nd birthday, I can't afford to take chances.

With kind regards, Karl-Heinz
I'm sure he wouldn't mind my sharing the message with you all. I'm 72 also and fully understand his carefulness.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.