The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjbelle

FWIW conditions could have caused thermal's which can really affect overall clarity. Pixel shift won't improve on those conditions.

Victor

The Ute

FWIW conditions could have caused thermal's which can really affect overall clarity. Pixel shift won't improve on those conditions.

Victor
Again, many thanks for responding
Perhaps I will give it another try on a different subject in the future
The A7R IV has so much resolution and the files are so malleable I doubt I'll need it anyway

AlanS

Good point about the heat thermals. I have only used it at closer distances where atmospherics have no effect on both my K1 and G9 and found both gave improved resolution.

pegelli

The famous clock on the Zimmer Tower in Lier (Belgium)

A description of what the different dials and faces show can be found here

And a mainly unrestored but well running Zimmer clock inside the tower

Both NEX6 + E50/1.8

KeithDM

GANDOLFI----THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
This was a "too much time on your hands" fun project. I just discovered one of my cameras had different "modes" you can set for in camera manipulation. One such mode is "water color" mode. I did not go out and shoot images with that mode, but rather, took already processed and finished images and opened them up one by one on my PC monitor. I then set the camera to water color mode and photographed the screen images, and presto-changeo pseudo water color paintings!-
Dave in NJ
What have you guys started?! Found the 'watercolour' setting on my A6500 (oddly enough, not included on my A7III). Screen shot with 50mm Touit.

Fallen Tree

PseudoLakeScene.jpg

This one is of a real fruit bowl (i.e. not a monitor screen shot)

ArtyFruitbowl.jpg

Shac

Just before we started up this snow gully 2 days ago, we met one of the locals. He looked us over and then continued quietly on his way. (A6500 + 18-135 @135 for the local - no crop)

Barry Haines

Warleggan Church (Colour blended with pseudo infrared)
Sigma Art 14-24mm & Voigtlander 50mm Apo-Lanthar
Edward Woodward (Actor) made his last film in this Church just before he sadly passing away in 2009...'Congregation of Ghosts'

D

Deleted member 7792

Warleggan Church (Colour blended with pseudo infrared)
Sigma Art 14-24mm & Voigtlander 50mm Apo-Lanthar
Edward Woodward (Actor) made his last film in this Church just before he sadly passing away in 2009...'Congregation of Ghosts'https://www.flickr.com/photos/54602555@N08/50031936862/sizes/o/
Barry, it's great to see your photos again. I have the Sigma 14-24mm in L-mount and I love it. I just haven't had good opportunities to use it during the pandemic. Thanks for sharing both the photos and the story.

Joe

Barry Haines

"Strawberry Point" Utah
Cedar Breaks National monument (2nd photo)
A7R IV / Sony 20mm 1.8 G

P.S. Great to see you posting again Barry
Miss your work :salute:
Thank you Michael.
I see you have upgraded your camera and wide angle lens, I hear great things about the 20mm Sony (It's light, fast with excellent IQ)...very nice images as usual enjoy the deep colours of the sky and rocks :)
Keep well and stay safe...Cheers Barry

Barry, it's great to see your photos again. I have the Sigma 14-24mm in L-mount and I love it. I just haven't had good opportunities to use it during the pandemic. Thanks for sharing both the photos and the story.

Joe
Thank you Joe.
To state the obvious - I think the pandemic has been putting a lot of us off from going out unnecessarily taking images, not much has been open to visit either here in Cornwall...The police have been quick to stop anybody in their cars or on foot straying to far from their homes.
Annoyingly, we had several holidays cancelled - Northern Italy tour, Tall ship sail around Cornwall and Devon coast and Oxfordshire + Wiltshire...I was hoping to show something a bit different from my usual but it's not to be I'm afraid :-(
Re: The Sigma 14-24mm - I'm not normally a AF / zoom type of guy but this lens is exceptional, despite it's weight I now find myself using it more than the 21mm Loxia and 21mm f1.4 Voigtlander...Enjoy your lens when you get the chance I shall lookout for your images :)
I was hoping that you would go with Sony FF again now they we have a great choice of lenses + Most of the problems have been ironed with Sonys newer range of FF cameras,
Keep well and stay safe...Cheers Barry

A few more images from inside the church taken yesterday with the 50mm Apo-Lanthar
Glass Bubbled Foot + Glass Bubbled Feet + Webbed Cross (Best viewed enlarged)

scho

I haven't been out shooting for a few days because of the covid restrictions and heat wave, so Ive been re-processing some old images with new tools that were not available earlier. This image is a panorama created from two shifted shots taken with my old A7r and a 24/TSE lens in 2014. Stitched with Photomerge in LR and then in Topaz AI Denoise for sharpening and noise removal.

scho

One more oldie (2014) with the A7r. This one is also a pano, but from 8 shots with an old Mamiya 150mm MF lens on a flat stitching plate. Same processing.

scho

Sony A7RIV with Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70/4 Macro lens on Cambo Actus G used to capture 9 shifted images that were composited in LR Photomerge. Final image after cropping to remove corner vignetting was 95 MP. Small image circle of this lens at 35mm focal length limits shifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.