The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

There were no fireworks in our town last night (July 4th) due to the Virus. The town usually anchors a barge in the bay right in front of us, so it is easy for me to photograph them from our deck. Instead I made several sunset shots, also from our deck. A7RIV, (a brand new camera for me coming from an A7RII) 24-105mm lens, ISO 800 f8. First shot at 24mm, and second shot at 105mm a little later as the sun set. Thanks for looking,
Dave in NJ
D838 framed.jpg
D839 framed.jpg

pegelli

Another smoggy evening in Shanghai at the Bund looking at Pudong

A700 + Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ iso 1250 and denoised in Topaz Denoise AI

pegelli

Memorial "Bosch en Duin", at the edge of the Loonse and Drunense Duinen near Tilburg (Netherlands).

On May 26, 1944 14 Dutch resistance figters from 3 cities (Tilburg, Groningen en Bergen-op-Zoom) were executed by the Nazi's in the neigbourhood of "Bosch en Duin". The exact location of the execution is unknown and their bodies were never found despite several attempts.

The memorial designed by Riki Mijling has a lot of symbolism. The metal rectangle (which holds a poem and the 14 first names) marks a place where 14 people could have been buried, the big boulders with their names stand for the bodies that have never been recovered while the bowl can collect the tears from their loved ones and once filled will mirror the sky and heaven above.

All in all a sobering place that makes you think how crazy war and killing really is.

Here's an impression of what it looks like

1: Overview

2: Bowl and metal rectangle

3: Another tear just dropped in

4: Boulder with names

5: Detail of the metal rectangle

6: May their souls find rest

1, 2 & 4: A7ii + MC Rokkor 17/4
3, 5 & 6: A7Rii + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The earth . Drowning in political and medical chaos . Apocalypse now ? ? ?

EBMM GLOBE PP.jpg

Sony A7II with SAMYANG 1,8/45mm .

pegelli

A structure of branches in the "Loonse and Drunense Duinen"

A7ii + Samyang FE 35/2.8

I asked a park warden what the function of these "structures" was. He told me it's just to keep children (and sometimes adults) occupied by hauling branches around, As long as they don't make any fire they're OK with it as a pasttime.

pegelli

Tomorrow man, made by the sea.
A statue by Catherine Francois and standing on one of the wave breakers in Knokke

A850 + Min 20/2.8

darr

Unmerciful Sun

White Sands NP: Sony NEX-7 + Zeiss 16-70/4

--

An oldie recently posted to my photo blog. The pandemic has me cleaning up Lightroom folders.
Do not have the camera anymore, but it was special as it was my first mirrorless camera.

Lovely work in this thread!! :thumbup:

Best,
Darr

Status
Not open for further replies.