The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithDM

Insect macro shots from a walk around the #WiltsWildlifeTrust Lower Moor Farm reserve Sat afternoon. Always lots to discover there.
1) Scorpionfly 2) Unknown1. 3) Unknown2. 4) Black-tipped soldier beetle. 5) Cinnabar moth caterpillars.

A6500, 50mm Touit f2.8.

KeithDM

Took a stroll around a local hay-meadow Monday afternoon. A stiff breeze had some of the local inhabitants clinging tight! :) Made macro-photography a tad difficult too.

Great Burnet

Meadow Brown (?)

Black-tipped Soldier Beetle (all 10mm of it!)

Tiny Hoverfly

Fleshfly (Sarcphaga carnaria)

A6500, Zeiss 50mm Touit f2.8.

D

Deleted member 7792

Bryce Canyon National Park
Sony A7R IV / Sony 20mm f 1.8 G
Mike, I love Bryce and look forward to the time when I can take another trip to Utah safely. Thanks for sharing. Your photos continue to inspire me and highlight the beauty and other-worldliness of the desert Southwest.

Joe

pegelli

Yesterday was another day to further build the garden of our daughter in Antwerp. So limited time for photography, but I managed to sneek out a half hour to take a look at the railway water tanks/towers being restored close to where she lives. Due to the restoration there's plenty of scaffolding and other junk around but a 200 mm is ideal to focus on certain details and leave out the distractions :cool:

Two water towers

Window in the brick foundation

Ladder detail

Access platform

Two tanks

All A7ii + M-Telyt 200/4

Last edited:

The Ute

Mike, I love Bryce and look forward to the time when I can take another trip to Utah safely. Thanks for sharing. Your photos continue to inspire me and highlight the beauty and other-worldliness of the desert Southwest.

Joe
Thanks for the kind words Joe
We hadn't been there in years
It was very uncrowded, a great experience
If you ever head out this way let me know and I will show you around

scho

A couple of snaps from the A7RIV with an old leitaxed Leica R 50mm Summicron in a Sigma MC-11 adapter. Downtown Cascadilla Creek neighborhood.

D

Deleted member 7792

Yesterday was another day to further build the garden of our daughter in Antwerp. So limited time for photography, but I managed to sneek out a half hour to take a look at the railway water tanks/towers being restored close to where she lives. Due to the restoration there's plenty of scaffolding and other junk around but a 200 mm is ideal to focus on certain details and leave out the distractions :cool:

Two water towers
Window in the brick foundation
Ladder detail
Access platform
Two tanks
All A7ii + M-Telyt 200/4
Pieter, well done. A photographer friend (Bill Fortney) here in the US calls those "extractions" - extracting shapes, textures, details, etc. from a larger subject. You've done it quite successfully with these unusual (to me) water towers. Thanks you for sharing and good luck with the gardening.

Joe

KeithDM

Four obliging Lepidoptera photographed Friday afternoon on a stroll around local woodland and meadows.

1) Comma. 2) Gatekeeper. 3) Ringlet. 4) Red Admiral.

A6500, 50mm Touit f2.8.

KeithDM

More local aviators from Friday's walk.

Common Blue Damselfly (Enallagma cyathigerum)

Hoverfly (Helophilus pendulus)

Ruddy Darter (Sympetrum sanguineum)

pegelli

Cycling through the water (near Hasselt, Belgium)

A7ii + OM Zuiko 100/2.8

When cycling through this "ditch" you're actually at eye level with the waterfowl swimming around in the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.