The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggibson

I went out the other night to see the Neowise comet and capture a few images. Fog was rolling in, which eventually overwhelmed my first location (with the windmill), so I found another hill on my way home which was clear for a bit longer. I'd like to try another night to see if I can get some clearer weather.

Sony A7rII used with Batis 85mm (first and last image) and Tamron 17-28/2.8 (2nd image at 28mm):

No comet here:

Waiting for Neowise by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

First spotted:

First glimpse of Neowise by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

And a bit closer:

Neowise over Orinda Skies by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

KeithDM

Out & about in the local countryside again on Wednesday. More macro-wildlife. :)

Damselfly 1

Damselfly 2

Marmalade Hoverfly Episyrphus balteatus

Gatekeeper Butterfly Pyronia tithonus

Shieldbug (?)

A6500, 50mm Touit f2.8..

KeithDM

More insect macro photos, this time from a stroll Friday afternoon around an area of untended scrubland ten minutes walk from home. Some I can identify, others have me baffled!

Ichneumon (parasitic) wasp?

Small Skipper Butterfly Thymelicus sylvestris

Hoverfly Sphaerophoria scripta

A Sawfly?

A6500, 50mm Touit f2.8.

AlanS

The water level seems to be dropping......
Thanks Pieter, the river is very low at the moment (had a dry spring). That will soon change come the winter or if we have a wet summer/autumn and this small island will be submerged and resculptured! At least it varies the scenery for me to shoot :D

KeithDM

More macros - details as #21912. Hopefully people are not becoming too fed-up with these displays of English insect life!

Hoverfly Episyrphus balteatus, female.

Hoverfly Eristalsis pertinax male.

Blue-tailed Damselfly Ischnura elegans, male.

Hoverfly Syritta pipiens male.

pegelli

Kristalbad, a water retention and nature area between Enschede and Hengelo in the Netherlands

Sony A7ii + M-Summaron 35/2.8, LR Pano of 7 handheld landscape oriented photos, click for a larger version

Status
Not open for further replies.