The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony IDC, other raw converters and Snow Leopard (Mac) problems

D

dmcnickle

I have been using Sony IDC and foolishly upgraded to Snow Leopard and cannot get IDC to display any of my a900 images. Image Data Lightbox will display images but IDC won't. It worked fine with Leopard.

Does anyone else who uses a Mac have these problems? I tried reinstalling IDC and now I can't even get anything to show up except the menu bar across the top.

And I know there are other raw converters that are better than IDC. I just happen to like the colors I get with IDC. I was trying Capture One, but that also doesn't work with Snow Leopard yet. I really don't want to have to use ACR. What about Raw Developer? How is that with the Sony a900?
I have Raw Photo Processor but am not sure about not having a "preview". I like to see the affects as I am moving sliders and not move sliders and then see the affects.

Thanks for the help
Denise

D

dmcnickle

OMG!!! I am totally brain dead. I didn't realize that I already posted this question here. I had a couple of other questions and looked at the first few threads and didn't notice my first post.

I sincerely apologize for this!

woodyspedden

I have been using Sony IDC and foolishly upgraded to Snow Leopard and cannot get IDC to display any of my a900 images. Image Data Lightbox will display images but IDC won't. It worked fine with Leopard.

Does anyone else who uses a Mac have these problems? I tried reinstalling IDC and now I can't even get anything to show up except the menu bar across the top.

And I know there are other raw converters that are better than IDC. I just happen to like the colors I get with IDC. I was trying Capture One, but that also doesn't work with Snow Leopard yet. I really don't want to have to use ACR. What about Raw Developer? How is that with the Sony a900?
I have Raw Photo Processor but am not sure about not having a "preview". I like to see the affects as I am moving sliders and not move sliders and then see the affects.

Thanks for the help
Denise
Denise

I am using Capture One 4.8.2 with Snow Leopard and have no problems! You may want to clean out your current install (see Capture Integration article on uninstalling) and then install a clean copy of 4.8.1 or 4.8.2

Woody

P

Paolo7780

Phase One has released C1 4.8.3 that fixes some bugs and improves performance with snow.
Just updated! Perfect now!