The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lost Wallet , I feel like nobody now

Dale Allyn

Is it just me, or is it weird that Guy has to pay to use the toilet at his house? Why else would he have his wallet out. I mean charging guests makes perfect sense, but the owner having to pay seems a bit much.

;)

Don Libby

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Now we know how he supplements his camera gear fund - heck of a savings program if you ask me.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Is it just me, or is it weird that Guy has to pay to use the toilet at his house? Why else would he have his wallet out. I mean charging guests makes perfect sense, but the owner having to pay seems a bit much.

;)
My gear fund. Drop in 10 bucks every time I enter. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

20 bucks for guest and includes a free expresso which normally works out to 60 bucks by the time they leave.:D:D:D

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Didn't that happen to the king? First the wallet by the toilet ... and the next we saw of him he was working at a Burger King in Kalamazoo.

fotografz

Well, you got your wallet and money back, so I guess you're flush ... :)

Here''s one:

Borrow my wife's Caddy and drive 50 miles to a wedding. Stop for gas. Get to the wedding with 10 minutes to spare ... OMG! no key to unlock the trunk with the gear in it (one of those "keyless" electronic start cars).

Figure I dropped the key back at the gas station, but it was close enough to the car to allow it to be started and be driven away. Call On-Star, they won't open the trunk. 5 minutes to wedding. My partner reads the manual to figure out how to open trunk manually, while I look for a brick to smash in the lock.

Manually open the trunk and there sits the key, right where Mr. Old-Timer left it when loading the gear. :angry:

Ben Rubinstein

Please forgive me Marc for the smile that crept over my face when I finished reading that, I really tried not to.

That said, when I moved to Jerusalem my landlord (father in law) in the UK allowed me to store my gear in my old apartment. He had new doors and locks installed but when I tried to get in the lock broke, the cylinder was just rotating within the lock. I had a 2 hour drive to the wedding and had allotted 10 mins for loading up with gear. We spent half an hour there before I politely crowbar'd by father in law's new door and lock open and took my gear out and got on the road at many MPH. He didn't mind (too much) he would have had to do it anyway... :p

Guy Mancuso

Well, you got your wallet and money back, so I guess you're flush ... :)

Here''s one:

Borrow my wife's Caddy and drive 50 miles to a wedding. Stop for gas. Get to the wedding with 10 minutes to spare ... OMG! no key to unlock the trunk with the gear in it (one of those "keyless" electronic start cars).

Figure I dropped the key back at the gas station, but it was close enough to the car to allow it to be started and be driven away. Call On-Star, they won't open the trunk. 5 minutes to wedding. My partner reads the manual to figure out how to open trunk manually, while I look for a brick to smash in the lock.

Manually open the trunk and there sits the key, right where Mr. Old-Timer left it when loading the gear. :angry:
I'm feeling just a little bit better after reading that. Guess you can cancel that On-Star program . That was of no help

fotografz

I'm feeling just a little bit better after reading that. Guess you can cancel that On-Star program . That was of no help
Well, actually it's a good thing they wouldn't or couldn't open the trunk ... I could have been someone who "found a lost wallet" ...:ROTFL:

The good thing is that On Star can "kill switch" a stolen car if the cops ask for it ... or send help if you get in an accident. Worth the coin IMO ... especially for the wifey.

Guy Mancuso

Did not think about the first sentence really good point.

And totally agree about the wife protection program.