The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What's In Your Attic?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
One thing leads to another. I went looking for a binder to hold my recently developed negative pages and discovered one in the attic. It contained about 50 pages of 35mm slides from a very long time ago. Back in those days (late 70s-early 80s) I was employed as a medical photographer—sort of a CSI type shooter in the days before digital. The binder held an amazing sample of some of the most "interesting" medical anomalies and gross examples of how our bodies can get screwed up. Pretty strong stuff and definitely not appropriate for this forum.

It also contained a few pages of personal stuff and I was surprised at how similar some of the shots were to things I shoot today, so many years later. I guess it's true that "wherever you go, there you are." Among the various personal slides was this Ektachrome, taken by an unknown of me holding a Hassy while shooting at some public event being held at the University. Holy crap! Look at the hair! At what the hell was I thinking with those shoes?

Anyway, I'll bet everyone has a secret stash from way back when. So what's in your attic?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
A couple more slides. The macro was shot with a bellows and a nikkor lens (too long ago to remember which). It's a cross-section of jawbone obtained by mounting the thing in a resin and then shaving micro-thin wafers from the block. My crappy little scanner doesn't do the sharpness justice.